One spot available in Nautilus Belle Amie May 11-19, 2021 $400 off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My second jab is the 26th. Eric will be in the last group.

Plan on making the hotel reservation tomorrow for 10, 19, 20 and 21.

I was supposed to be at the front of 1A, but it took my company until this past week to get the letter of attestation through the attorneys so us field reps could get the vaccine. I stood in line for an hour and a half with the first batch of 1B's that were getting their nanobots....

My second jab is the 26th. Eric will be in the last group.

Plan on making the hotel reservation tomorrow for 10, 19, 20 and 21.

I’ll do the same then. From the last trip there I learned that to go to Cabo Pulmo & Gordo Banks, the dive operators would need a minimum 2-4 divers for the boat trip to be a go. I ended up getting grounded then since no one else wanted to go with me after the Socorro.

So now I have $275 credit that I need to spend in the next trip. I only used the $375 credit for using Nitrox in the Belle Amie, which only costed $100 ($20/day x 5 days). On the next trip, I plan to take my group from Texas to go boat diving to Cabo Pulmo with See Creatures boat, which will cost $225/diver. You, Eric & Alf are welcome to join us. However it would require all of us to be early on the dock at around 6:45am. So we need to do it on the 20th as Belle Amie would only be arriving around 8am on the 19th.

Gordo Bank trip, however, is closer to Cabo San Lucas and we would start around 8am. I have discussed this trip to Gordo Banks with another dive operator, Gaby & Rene of Kraken Divers since we will be pretty much use up our available $375 credit from Nautilus. We can do it on the 19th, as soon as Belle Amie docks in the marina. We can store the rest of our stuff in See Creatures dive center and checkin to Tesoro Los Cabos after we come back from Gordo Banks.

In the 21st, we would have a free day to check out Hotel California or whatever you like to do.

Let me know your plan so I can book that trip to Gordo Banks accordingly. We may need 2 boats with 2 DMs if all 8 of us are going.

Morning guys.

Dan it looks like we will be coming back on the 21st but that should not be a problem with diving with you guys. So sign Eric and I both up for the AM dives and thanks for the invitation.

I hate all this uncertainty!

Lisa

Edit. Not confirmed yet but looks like we will be flying AA through DFW with arrival 12:21 and return flight on the 21st 1:15 pm and again through DFW

Morning guys.

Dan it looks like we will be coming back on the 21st but that should not be a problem with diving with you guys. So sign Eric and I both up for the AM dives and thanks for the invitation.

I hate all this uncertainty!

Lisa

Edit. Not confirmed yet but looks like we will be flying AA through DFW with arrival 12:21 and return flight on the 21st 1:15 pm and again through DFW

Cool! Flying home on the 21st at 1:15pm is a good time. That means you can dive up to 7pm on the 20th (18 hours before flight) according to DAN World DAN DOC-Q&A-Flying After Diving We probably finished the 2nd dive by 1pm (24 hours before your flight home) on the 20th.

I suggest you book the complimentary morning checkout dive on the 11th to make sure your gears are in good working order before going to Socorro. Also your dive weight would be at the right amount with your thicker wetsuit (I was comfortable with 5mm full wetsuit & 1mm hood there).

I ended up doing 2 checkout dives on the last trip (last week). We went to Land’s End and playing with Sealions. I’ll upload the YouTube video of that dive later. The 2nd checkout / warmup dive was in Pelican Rock. All in the shallow, nice & easy. After the dive. The boat swung by Belle Amie to drop off our wet gears to our dive station on Belle Amie so we did not need to bag drag our wet gears (BCD & wetsuit) back to our room.

Tesoro Los Cabos allows us to late checkout at 1pm. So I had a chance to go back to my room, took a shower, packed my bag, checked out of the hotel and walked to See Creatures dive center, which is about 50 feet away from the hotel checkout counter.

We’ll board the Belle Amie around 7pm. In the meantime we can hang out in the Marina until then. I enjoyed having lunch in Captain Tony’s. They have delicious Sasimi & margarita. Oh man, I was in heaven. :D

We are diving our new 7 mm in Florida next month so hope to have it all dialed in before this trip but we want to do the 2 tank checkout dive before the liveaboard too. Sealions are on our bucket list!

This is our first liveaboard and I am so excited! Most of our trips include cooking, cleaning, laundry...

Glad to hear about antigen test is all we need to get and it’s free, provide by Nautilus with results obtained within 2 hours. I looked at Texas.gov for related info and couldn’t find it. So, I assume we’ll follow whatever CDC directive. The problem is solved then.

I’d like to hear your San Ignacio gray whale adventure in February. I may put that trip in my 2022 bucket list.

That’s too bad that we’ll miss each other on the Socorro trip in May.

I will also be in Guadalupe on Belle Amie this year, but it’ll be in Oct.30 Nautilus Liveaboards - 30 Oct 2021 on Nautilus Belle Amie to see the big mama.

I'll be happy to share my experiences in San Ignacio. If you think you might book this trip, 2021 is a good year to book it. The season is Jan-April, with Feb-March being the peak time. Nautilus has informed me that most of the operators in San Ignacio are not running their trips this season due to COVID, which puts less boat traffic in the water. Nautilus's trips are half-price right now. Since you've already been to Socorro, you can use your park fee credits towards payment of the trip. My trip is Feb 26-March 1. Nautilus Liveaboards - 26 Feb 2021 on San Ignacio. Nautilus has also reduced capacity to a max of 12 people per trip.

Did you see the new Nautilus COVID testing requirements that came out today? They have made the 7-day negative test voluntary, but not mandatory. They are now requiring you must take an antigen test at See Creatures at 4 p.m. the day of departure and for San Ignacio the day before departure. They are providing the antigen test for free.

We are diving our new 7 mm in Florida next month so hope to have it all dialed in before this trip but we want to do the 2 tank checkout dive before the liveaboard too. Sealions are on our bucket list!

This is our first liveaboard and I am so excited! Most of our trips include cooking, cleaning, laundry...

To inspire you....these are some of the sea lions I encountered when I was in Cabo November 2020, pre-Socorro.

I'll be happy to share my experiences in San Ignacio. If you think you might book this trip, 2021 is a good year to book it. The season is Jan-April, with Feb-March being the peak time. Nautilus has informed me that most of the operators in San Ignacio are not running their trips this season due to COVID, which puts less boat traffic in the water. Nautilus's trips are half-price right now. Since you've already been to Socorro, you can use your park fee credits towards payment of the trip. My trip is Feb 26-March 1. Nautilus Liveaboards - 26 Feb 2021 on San Ignacio. Nautilus has also reduced capacity to a max of 12 people per trip.

Did you see the new Nautilus COVID testing requirements that came out today? They have made the 7-day negative test voluntary, but not mandatory. They are now requiring you must take an antigen test at See Creatures at 4 p.m. the day of departure and for San Ignacio the day before departure. They are providing the antigen test for free.

Thanks for the info. With all the rescheduled trips from last year piling on top of this year scheduled trips, I’m pretty much booked up. In February I’ll be in Belize. In March I’ll be in Maldives. Back to Socorro In May. I’ll be in Malpelo in July.

If Indonesia would be open in August, I’ll bring my group to Sangalaki. Then back to Cocos in September, Guadalupe in October-November, Galápagos in November-December.

Hopefully Captain Scott of Dolphin Dream would respond to my inquiry about the timing of Tiger Beach trip. He mentioned about early this year. If it’ll be in April, that will be perfect.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom