One spot available in Nautilus Belle Amie May 11-19, 2021 $400 off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you have any recommendation how to reserve the room at Tesoro Los Cabos at the best rate? And room suggestions?

i just want to say again that we all appreciate your selfless sacrifice in scouting out the territory with your current trip. We know you did it just for us. :D

I used hotel dot com. Their price and terms were better than direct with the hotel

Hotel is OK - showers a little moldy.

Breakfast good. Pool nice. Restaurant was good

Do you have any recommendation how to reserve the room at Tesoro Los Cabos at the best rate? And room suggestions?

i just want to say again that we all appreciate your selfless sacrifice in scouting out the territory with your current trip. We know you did it just for us. :D

Finally got home from the trip. The house is still in working order. Thank God!

My room recommendation is to stay on the second floor, with windows facing marina and in low 200’s, next to the pool & restaurant.

I also reserved my room through hotels dot com, but I didn’t ask for specific room (since I did not know any better & didn’t plan to stay in my room too long). Breakfast was included for $100/night. I thought that’s good enough me.

Thanks for the kind words. It’s actually more of a coincidental reason to go on this trip than scouting out for our May trip. I was looking for liveaboard trip destinations with less than 4-hour nonstop flight from Houston back in December last year. Socorro came up as the best option. Then @Cert1967 mentioned that he’ll be on Nautilus Belle Amie on January 7-15. Upon checking with his travel agent, there was only a spot for female to share cabin available at the time. So I was back to square one. Then a couple weeks later I got a word from my travel agent that there was a spot open for a male to share cabin with (due to last minute cancellation?) so I went ahead and booked it. It turned out later on that my cabin mate was also dropped out. So, I ended up having a cabin to myself. I was a happy camper during the whole trip. :D

I booked the May trip at Tesoro hotel website. I chose the Marina view at $103 per night. I think with taxes, it was $266 for two nights before and $266 for two nights after, so roughly $530 for the entire vacation. I get free breakfast. The cheaper no view rooms were $89 per night and the most expensive was around $189 if I remember right....

The CDC order states an antigen test is required to reenter the U.S. There are no state-specific requirements. Any negative antigen test will get you back into the U.S. I'm doing 3 trips with Nautilus, the first of which is the San Ignacio (non-diving) gray whales adventure in February. I've been told by Nautilus staff that antigen testing will be provided free of charge at the airport (SJD). They can't do it at the campground because it's too remote. The test results will be available in about 2 hours. I had to change my flight home to account for this extra wait time. I'm also doing Socorro May 29th and the Guadalupe trip in August. The staff said they will have antigen testing available at the dock (also free) for both of these trips.

I've stayed at the Tesoro a couple of times just as a matter of convenience to the marina and boarding the boat. If you're just wanting a place to lay your head, the standard room is small but comfortable. If you'd like to stretch out a bit, the marina view rooms are much bigger and have a private balcony. The A/C works well and the room is free of bugs. I always book direct with the hotel and don't use third-party sites, such as hotels.com or expedia.com. If you book directly with Tesoro, there's no deposit required and you pay in full when you check in. Cancellation must be done no later than 3 days before arrival. They have several promos going right now, so you'll have to play around with the reservation system to find what's right for you. Since I'm a single traveler, usually AI's are cost prohibitive for me, but my booking for the May trip got me the AI for just $40 more per day. That makes me very happy!

I agree with @Dan, ask for your room to be near the restaurant and pool. It's a big hotel complex.

I booked the May trip at Tesoro hotel website. I chose the Marina view at $103 per night. I think with taxes, it was $266 for two nights before and $266 for two nights after, so roughly $530 for the entire vacation. I get free breakfast. The cheaper no view rooms were $89 per night and the most expensive was around $189 if I remember right....
Did you have to make it as two separate bookings?

I am still only getting the all inclusive option on my ipad. I will have to try on my computer to tomorrow.

@living4experiences We have never done AI. But not knowing the area would you recommend it as a good option?

Did you have to make it as two separate bookings?

I am still only getting the all inclusive option on my ipad. I will have to try on my computer to tomorrow.

Yes, two separate bookings because the nights are not consecutive. I tried to do the 4 night super special, but it has to be 4 consecutive nights, not split up. They had a few options for discount programs. One was for massage/spa and the other was dinner for two included each night and another I couldn't remember..

@living4experiences We have never done AI. But not knowing the area would you recommend it as a good option?

The AI option is a good choice if you plan to stay at the resort and not go on day trips. The nice thing about an AI package is if you don't like a particular drink or food, you can just order something else without charge. I stayed at Tesoro in November before my trip to Socorro. The marina area has several good restaurants that have managed to stay in business during COVID, but a lot of businesses have shuttered. Because there's no cruise ships, the tourist traffic is very low. Tesoro is centrally located downtown and a lot of businesses have closed since COVID. It's a struggling economy, and it might be hit or miss finding a good restaurant in downtown away from the resort or the marina. I found the food and drinks very good and the staff is eager to serve you. At the pool and hot tub, the servers will come to you and happily take your order. The pool is elevated and overlooks the marina, which gives great views, especially at sunset.

If you choose not to get the AI, the room comes with 2 bottles of water every day, but if you ask the housekeepers for extra water, they'll give it to you without charge. They are happy to serve.

The CDC order states an antigen test is required to reenter the U.S. There are no state-specific requirements. Any negative antigen test will get you back into the U.S. I'm doing 3 trips with Nautilus, the first of which is the San Ignacio (non-diving) gray whales adventure in February. I've been told by Nautilus staff that antigen testing will be provided free of charge at the airport (SJD). They can't do it at the campground because it's too remote. The test results will be available in about 2 hours. I had to change my flight home to account for this extra wait time. I'm also doing Socorro May 29th and the Guadalupe trip in August. The staff said they will have antigen testing available at the dock (also free) for both of these trips.

I've stayed at the Tesoro a couple of times just as a matter of convenience to the marina and boarding the boat. If you're just wanting a place to lay your head, the standard room is small but comfortable. If you'd like to stretch out a bit, the marina view rooms are much bigger and have a private balcony. The A/C works well and the room is free of bugs. I always book direct with the hotel and don't use third-party sites, such as hotels.com or expedia.com. If you book directly with Tesoro, there's no deposit required and you pay in full when you check in. Cancellation must be done no later than 3 days before arrival. They have several promos going right now, so you'll have to play around with the reservation system to find what's right for you. Since I'm a single traveler, usually AI's are cost prohibitive for me, but my booking for the May trip got me the AI for just $40 more per day. That makes me very happy!

I agree with @Dan, ask for your room to be near the restaurant and pool. It's a big hotel complex.

Glad to hear about antigen test is all we need to get and it’s free, provide by Nautilus with results obtained within 2 hours. I looked at Texas.gov for related info and couldn’t find it. So, I assume we’ll follow whatever CDC directive. The problem is solved then.

I’d like to hear your San Ignacio gray whale adventure in February. I may put that trip in my 2022 bucket list.

That’s too bad that we’ll miss each other on the Socorro trip in May.

I will also be in Guadalupe on Belle Amie this year, but it’ll be in Oct.30 Nautilus Liveaboards - 30 Oct 2021 on Nautilus Belle Amie to see the big mama.

Got my first shot of nanobots today. Moderna flavored...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom