One spot available in Nautilus Belle Amie May 11-19, 2021 $400 off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm confused, it says January 7-15 in the text of the post, but the title and link are May 11-19. Which is it?

Sent a PM

Sorry footage confusion. It’s for May.

January trip is just a trip by myself as a spot recently available.

Man, I can't believe the new restrictions put in place. I just got a notice from Southwest Airlines about it. This will be my first international trip and it seems it will be a complete headache and not at all relaxing.

I am not worry about it. We may need to stay a day longer after disembarking the boat for negative PCR swab test in Tesoro Los Cabos. I’m in that hotel today, coming back from Socorro with Nautilus Belle Amie.

May is still a few months away. By then more people would be vaccinated and the things would be more organized.

Nautilus liveaboard has been very good in handling the pandemic situation and following the COVID-19 protocols. When I was in the boat last week, everyone had been very diligent in wearing mask, cleaning their hands. The dining room was kept 10 or less guests during the meal time (breakfast, lunch & dinner). We have 20 guests in the boat, splitted into 2 groups during the meal time. Group 1 would have their meal first. 45 minutes later they were done and left the room. Group 2 then had their meal.

I’ll check with Nautilus & Bluewater Travel to see if we can get PCR swab test there in Cabo in the morning we disembark the boat, like some of the resort, below.

Covid testing at AM Resorts

I’ll be in Belize next month & in Maldives in March. I’ll post my trip report afterwards, including sharing my experiences in getting out & coming back to our great country! :wink:

I just stopped by the See Creatures (Nautilus Dive Center in Cabo, next to Tesoro Los Cabos hotel) and talked to the manager before heading back to the airport. He told me that Nautilus is working on this issue and will update us in a couple of days.

So far, there are some discussions on what test can be used. Some States may only require rapid antigen test, which can be done as quick as 20 minutes. Other States may require PCR test that may require 48 hours. Nautilus is working with the local medical center to arrange the testing as soon as we disembark off the boat.

I hope Texas accept the antigen test, so I don’t have to stay another 2 nights in Tesoro Los Cabos.

I just stopped by the Sea Creatures (Nautilus Dive Center in Cabo, next to Tesoro Los Cabos hotel) and talked to the manager before heading back to the airport. He told me that Nautilus is working on this issue and will update us in a couple of days.

So far, there are some discussions on what test can be used. Some States may only require rapid antigen test, which can be done as quick as 20 minutes. Other States may require PCR test that may require 48 hours. Nautilus is working with the local medical center to arrange the testing as soon as we disembark off the boat.

I hope Texas accept the antigen test, so I don’t have to stay another 2 nights in Tesoro Los Cabos.
Dan

First I want to say welcome back to shore and thank you for looking into this for us. But I wonder where the info of state to state requirements is from. My understanding is that this is a federal mandate with dependence of the airlines to enforce. And that per CDC either a negative antigen (rapid) or PCR is acceptable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom