One pocket on wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

piikki

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am just about to add one bellows pocket to my 3mil wetsuit. I am trying to decide on which side I would add the pocket.

My gut instinct is to put it on the right thigh since I am right handed. On my drysuit I have used my right hand pocket more than my left hand - probably due to originally reading the DIR description of it being the 'utility' pocket. (I think this has since changed btw).

If you only have/had one pocket on your wetsuit which side would you have it and why?

P.S. In my pocket I plan to carry, depending on dive, back-up mask, wetnotes, spool/SMB, mirror/whistle, extra double ender and car key.

Are you going to do night dives? If so you might want to put it on the opposite side that you hold your light in

I was thinking the same thing. It would be nice to illuminate you pocket contents without changing hands, but even more so, it would be nice to get something out of your pocket without busying up your buoyancy hand.

silly question but why are you taking your car keys with you when you dive?

Sometimes it's not safe to leave them at the surface. I'll be AWFULLY glad to be able to take mine with me now...

PerroneFord:
I was thinking the same thing. It would be nice to illuminate you pocket contents without changing hands, but even more so, it would be nice to get something out of your pocket without busying up your buoyancy hand.

Cmon PF... I know you grab you stuff out of your pockets without breaking trim... and you don't need to put a light in your pocket because you can grab stuff and figure it out by touch :D

Ben_ca:
Cmon PF... I know you grab you stuff out of your pockets without breaking trim... and you don't need to put a light in your pocket because you can grab stuff and figure it out by touch :D

Hey ben!!

I just thought id mess with you and say hello!!

Now go to bed!!

See you soon buddy!!:shakehead

piikki:
I am just about to add one bellows pocket to my 3mil wetsuit. I am trying to decide on which side I would add the pocket.

My gut instinct is to put it on the right thigh since I am right handed. On my drysuit I have used my right hand pocket more than my left hand - probably due to originally reading the DIR description of it being the 'utility' pocket. (I think this has since changed btw).

If you only have/had one pocket on your wetsuit which side would you have it and why?

P.S. In my pocket I plan to carry, depending on dive, back-up mask, wetnotes, spool/SMB, mirror/whistle, extra double ender and car key.
You're gonna lose your key!!!! It's inevitable

Ben_ca:

Grab stuff out of a pocket without breaking trim? You can do that? Darn, back to the pool...

I'm all thumbs dude. I'd like to put a light on some thnigs some time.

I think I am going to glue my pocket the kilt style, mid-pouch.... and move my crotch strap to my left thigh....

Usually car key is in my drysuit undie pocket but this is the first time I use 3mil suit, and since I don't anticipate using it too often I am not investing in two pockets. I am unsure if on Bonaire I'd dare to leave the key on top of the wheel... :D

Back
Top Bottom