OMS vs. THERMO or TRIDENT din valve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nelson

Contributor
Reaction score
would like your opinions on a DIN/YOKE combo valve from these companies...

any difference in quality??

any other company that you would recommend instead for a combo valve, 200 bar....i.e. DIVE RITE (do they make valves?)

I might want to alternate a DIN reg and/or a yoke reg on a pony tank

Hi nelson,

I only have Thermo valve but I have heard that OMS builds a more solid setup. I have both a 200 bar DIN with yoke inserts and a set with 300 bar DIN. I really don't care for the inserts on the 200. I changed all my regs over to DIN aand I can't think of any reason why it would be relevant to change over to yoke other than travel in which I would just use a yoke to din converter. Sorry I'm not of more help but if your looking for a company with a more solid valve, then I would personally have to suggest using a 300 bar din as that is where you get a more solid connection. My thermo valves work fine though as I'm sure OMS does as well. I think that Genisis valve's also have a yoke DIN fitting but I'm not sure.

i thought that the 300 bar was for 3500 psi tanks?

You can use them on LP as well. It is necessary to use 300 bar DIN with HP tanks but you can still use them with LP tanks giving you a more solid connection.

Oh, since I forgot earlier. Welcome to the forum.

Forgot to ask. Does your reg have a 200 or 300 bar DIN connection? If it has a 200 bar DIN connection then you won't be able to use a 300 DIN valve. If it is 300 though, you can use either a 200 or a 300 DIN valve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom