Olympic PT-015 O ring maintenance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi!

I have a new PT-020 and use it every other weekend. Is it advisable to remove the o-rings for storage between dives? The manual says they may be deformed after prolonged storage but did not specify exactly how long.

Also, I don't have any special lenses and therefore I haven't removed the standard port. Is it still necessary for me to clean and maintain the o-ring of the port or should I just leave it alone?

Lastly, the manual did not mention maintenance of the little o-rings of the buttons. How soon do these have to be serviced (after how many dives)?

Thanks in advance for the input

Cathy

I have a PT-013 housing and had a leak (fortunately fresh water and caught it early, so the camera survived) from the front (lens) port. I suspect it had been bumped/loosened a little. Stripped it down, cleaned, siliconed and re-assembled and took it on my next dive empty and it's was fine (and has been on several dives since). While mine's a different model, it's similar enough that the guide posted will be very helpful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom