Olympic PT-015 O ring maintenance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK - great - thanks a lot. That's the way I'll do it then. The Japanese silicon should work OK as I saw it being extensively used today by the professional divers shop that does our airfills. I told them what I was going to do with it and they said that it was fine.

After 120+ dives with the housing I think it's time for me to do the little stuff and swap out the tiny orings (already dreading it...)....You posted a disclaimer at the beginning of your document...How's your housing doing???

Thank you for the document. I have a PT-018, but I plan on using your document to clean mine. I just came back from going on 4 different dive trips for a total of 35 dives. Right now a friend of mine has it in the Caribbean. I have only been thinking about severing the big red rubber seal, I never thought about the little black ones one all the buttons. When it comes back home to me I will have to take it apart and clean them. Thank you.

justleesa:
After 120+ dives with the housing I think it's time for me to do the little stuff and swap out the tiny orings (already dreading it...)....You posted a disclaimer at the beginning of your document...How's your housing doing???

Why do you think it's time? Are you noticing leaks or problems at all? Stiffness? Stuff in there? My theory is always, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

leaking....I finished the dive and had a salt deposit on the top of the camera....my luck that the camera was pretty heated and it dried before it could do any damage.

Leaked from one of the 2 buttons on top, behind the shutter release button - or what ever it's called on a digital camera

justleesa:
leaking....I finished the dive and had a salt deposit on the top of the camera....my luck that the camera was pretty heated and it dried before it could do any damage.

Leaked from one of the 2 buttons on top, behind the shutter release button - or what ever it's called on a digital camera

Bummer, dude! But at least there is a fix and it sounds like you caught it in time - let me know how it goes...I probably should get a backup set of orings...

also glad that I had a spare housing :D
If I were to order O rings, would ya wanna split? If I saw right they come in large amounts.

Leesa...I was going to put together the o-rings for the housing but lost all the size info in the crash and just haven't gotten back to it. IIRC, most of the o-ring suppliers were selling them by the hundreds.

DaveG was very helpful with sizes and suppliers.

Leesa - I checked the sites for the o-rings some time ago, and as far as I remember although you had to buy quite a lot (i think 50 at one place) they weren't so expensive. If you do decide to get them I'd be prepared to split with you - maybe it's worth for me to contact Yuzo as well as I know he has the main O-ring replacement kits, and maybe he'd also be interested to have the little ones.

When I first read of the ability to do the O ring job myself I ordered and rec'd all of the rings except the smallest size. I'd be happy to share a few of the most popular ones listed; I'll send them to you, but I'd also like to get in on sharing with anyone or two who is ordering the smallest size.
John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom