Okay, the other side

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

<sigh> Okay.

If you don't have a dolly, you have to make an extra trip. :)

Sometimes, wrestling with those stupid bungees and all the **** I have hanging off my 1st stage makes me look like a spastic aardvark.

Sometimes, wrestling with those stupid bungees and all the **** I have hanging off my 1st stage makes me look like a spastic aardvark.
Why blame the bungees? :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

I splashed today at Peacock with my rig. It was a righteous dive.

Rob,does anybody teach both during the course of a class? I know in full cave there is an experience dive,which in the past used to be survey/cartography,but instructors gave that up in favor of other experiences. I was curious if BM divers got experience with SM,and visa versa? I am thinking in the context of well rounded cave divers,but this may be out of context when trying to teach skills.

Not that I'm aware of. But, personally, I won't take someone on a cave dive in a configuration they have little to no experience in.

Karen Cleveland:
Curious for those who dive SM , is it more difficult to ride scooters?

I don't know if it's more difficult. I didn't scooter until after I was already diving SM. I do know it's not difficult to scooter in SM. In fact, it's probably easier to scooter small passage in SM.

"Sidemounting is a tool available to a diver" KarstdvrI agree with your assessment. Returning to the first rule of diving "Plan the dive and dive the plan". 60 fsw, no current, water temp 80f, vis 100+ and grouped with novices then you can be a minimalist however...

180 ffw, surface current, water temp 34f, shut down ability a must, drysuit and undergarmet create flex restriction, free flow chances high, vis 20 feet and the plan becomes complex and branching.

I like to dive both ways and have found that everything must be taken into consideration for more complex dives. I like the side mounts but have only used them 3 times with a dry suit and undergarmet. I strap a 40 deco to my modified Transpac/venture. I have a 7 lb BP and carry extra weight in my SD bottom cam strap pouches. I am still fine tuning a few things.

Sounds like an awful amount of effort to keep the cupcake. TSandM could decide to utilize neon green splits fins every other Saturday and still be considered as one of the top advocates for DIR diving in the entire industry...

... yes, but then the cupcake would need to be modified with green icing ... which is definitely not DIR ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

... yes, but then the cupcake would need to be modified with green icing ... which is definitely not DIR ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
What I want to know is: Are cupcakes DIR? I would've figured maybe a Bran Muffin. :D

What I want to know is: Are cupcakes DIR? I would've figured maybe a Bran Muffin. :D
This deserves it's own thread. :D

Oh but of course cupcakes are DIR ... I was at a recent event where LauraJ showed up with some delicious chocolate ones with white frosting and a GUE logo decorating the top. I wish I'd had my camera handy ... but my taste buds said they were the real deal ... :)

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom