Okay, the other side

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When will you be in Marianna again?
Sometime between xmas and new years. I'll let you know if I can get an exact date, my work schedule has sucked recently.

I think once they relocate ginnie to marianna he'll be up there a lot more

If he's just looking for the surface entertainment, we do have that from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Some weekend days, you'll see 500+ people at the park. Of course, no alcohol allowed, so most of them stay clothed. :wink:

ucfdiver:
Sometime between xmas and new years. I'll let you know if I can get an exact date, my work schedule has sucked recently.

That's a busy week for me, but I might be able to break away depending on the date.

Here's an old photo of me. I've since changed the rigging a little so the SPG doesn't dangle down like you see in the photo, but it's still easy to see it. Just reach back, grab it, and pull it off the cylinder. All you should be doing is confirming it's time to switch and get ready to drop the cylinder anyway.

scooterdiver%20touchup.jpg

Im new to side mount with only a handful of openwater dives using the set up, the only trouble i find is getting in and out the water (from a boat), not really a problem, just more time consuming.

My hands get cold sometimes and i find the clips can get fairly fiddly, i think when i get my set up i will carry different sizes on me in case i still find it difficult

On the Spree I geared up on the boat and splashed. The benches are the perfect height for setting the cylinders on while clipping them on. While I could have dropped the cylinders in the water and clipped on there, it was easier to gear up on the boat. And the lower position of the weight makes it easier to move around. I wouldn't travel very far with cylinders clipped on, but walking across a boat isn't an issue.

thank you thats what i needed to know.

Back
Top Bottom