Ok ladies, fess up, how many CD stalkers out there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In line with the previous posts . . . :wink:

OhMyGosh, I don't where to begin -- Poor John has fielded bazillions of my questions, everything from "Why go further than recreational?" to "Where does one begin advancing one's training?" to "Which drysuit and what accessories?" He's a wealth of information, especially to the GUE path. I've learned more from him than almost anyone else on the board.

Then there's the wonderful writing skills that exhibit his extraordinary sense of humor . . . Any one remember April Fools' Day? http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/abc-islands/329629-tip-hat-cd.html#post5152949

He's also a lot of fun to get into a debate . . . :angel2: :blinking:

In line with the previous posts . . . :wink:

Ok, now that this thread is past the silk and leather I can jump on the ban wagon and step out of the closet as one of CD's top SB fans :D!

Where would I be without him? He fished me out of a nonsense thread and patiently started answering my 1 million crazy questions about DIR diving. I think I probably sent 100 emails!

His kindness, patience and humor allowed me to hear a message that inspired a completely new equipment configuration, a new way of diving, a transition from warm water vacation diving at pretty sketchy fringe locations to weekly cold water diving with a huge GUE family of friends. As a result diving is much safer now, even in much harsher conditions.

We kinda dropped out of touch, so he probably doesn't know it but at some levels he helped inspire my first few steps into the cavern zone which hopefully will become caves at some point, and certainly contributed to this huge growing mountain of scuba equipment in my garage :).

I doubt that any of this would have happened without his patient support in the very beginning, his sense of humor and the absurd amount of time he spent sorting out very long emails filled with all kinds of random questions.

Beyond my personal diving, CD's crafty mod maneuvers are both humorous and admirable. He's always quick to clean up my little messes on the board and answer my silly questions.

It's been quite a journey so far! Thanks John :)!

Last edited:
awwww, see all these nice groupie sentiments from your fan club CD? Thanks ladies :D

I have met him at Vortex....:eyebrow:

Carolyn:shark2:

I don't know how we missed the follow up on your post . . .

Soooo Carolyn, you are the only one of us gals who has not posted why you are a fan, do tell :popcorn:

Ok, I like CD too (Sorry Dr Bill, you know I like you too!). Sorry, I was away in Egypt with limited internet use.

CD is knowledgeable, patient, hard working, funny and fair. He has answered my questions in the past to help make my dives easier and has also made everyone's reading easier in the many threads he painstakingly moderates. He always has good come-backs too for those that challenge him! :)

Keep up the great work, John and do tell me if you're ever in the Toronto area. There are some fantastic shipwrecks and there's even some warm water not too far from here! :)

Ah, heck... even I like CD... but not in the same way you girls do! He indeed is a true treasure here on SB with informative posts, infinite patience and humor thrown in.

I think he would make an Oustanding Cabana Boy......... just saying.
You all go ahead and claim you like him for his patience and caring, and helpfulness...... right...... I am a true stalker. I just want him for the sex. And we're Back to leather verses silk, Denise!

Aah yes, CD would make an Outstanding Cabana Boy, no doubt. And...

:worthless:

Aah yes, CD would make an Outstanding Cabana Boy, no doubt. And...

:worthless:
I think so too. But I got my sexy photos by working for them. I don't share hard earned hotty pics. You'll have to do some ninja moves of your own, baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom