Ok ladies, fess up, how many CD stalkers out there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow!! This thread has gotten blown away! I thought the original intent was to express our appreciation for the insight and wisdom CD has brought to this board and those who enjoy reading about it with maybe a little humor mixed in.

If CD does not want his picture posted then I respect that.

CD has mentored me since well before I began cave diving. I cannot begin to count the times he has patiently worked with me through emails and other correspondence to help me get my gear set up, to understand principles and philosophies of diving I couldn't seem to grasp. I always told him "That makes sense". If something doesn't make sense to you, you cannot incorporate it into your diving.
He has also called me out on stupid things I did and discussed with him after a dive. He would always make me understand what I did wrong and what to do to keep it from happening again.
He preached situational awareness, make a plan and dive your plan, and when something happens to stop, think, make a plan then execute it and never panic to me so much that I have to believe that he played a big part in my getting out of that cave alive when I only had minutes to live back in July when I had an IPE.
And I know I am not the only one he has helped. He is willing to help anyone who genuinely asks him for advice and mentoring and is willing to listen. It is up to the individual if it makes sense to them and they are willing to incorporate it into their diving. I cannot think of one time he has steered me in the wrong direction.

Great post Denise and thank you. Yes, threads have a way of taking on a life of its own. :wink:

Yes, CD has helped me since I joined SB, answering dive questions and gear questions. When I had an unfortunate stalking incident CD was there, checking up on me and coordinating efforts to help me. If I needed an ear, he was always there to listen.

Even simple little things like when he heard I was getting a HID light, he warned me not to flick it on/off like a normal LED light. When he heard I was taking a doubles class, he offered to dive with me to get me use to my doubles instead of paying for a class. He's made many offers of help to improve my diving and I am grateful for each one.

Like I said in my first post in this thread, I'd be lost without him. :hugs:

Edit: And all this was before he became a SB mod, he was a member who just wanted to help other divers. Now as a mod, he's been instrumental in moving SB forward and keeping this place humming along with as few hiccups as possible!!

Last edited:
In the vein of Denise and ScubaSam's posts...Since I'm new here, I've never had the pleasure of meeting CD (or any SBers, actually), but CD was the first mod I noticed. Actually, I didn't know he was a mod or even what a mod was, but I definitely noticed his posts in a number of threads I was lurking/learning from. What caught my attention was how helpful and tactful they were. It seemed he had the ability to diplomatically defuse potentially explosive flame wars. He earned my respect and admiration right off the bat. I have the impression he works hard "behind the scenes" to keep SB "humming along", as ScubaSam said.

...ummm...do you mean lost without him....or did you really mean what you said? :wink:

:rofl3: I meant without him and have fixed my wording. Thanks, Loon.

I've never had the privilege of diving with CD, not sure about his navigational skills so maybe I'd be lost with him....:rofl3:

Like I said in my first post in this thread, I'd be lost with him. :hugs:

And here I was thinking you meant something kinky! :blinking:

And here I was thinking you meant something kinky! :blinking:

Really, explain your definition of kinky. :popcorn:

Well, you did say " You liked it the bedroom floor by the bed". IJS... :popcorn:
:rofl3: Totally different topic and it was for a good cause.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom