Ok im getting a BP and Wing setup...help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't see any 70# explorers when I was down at at the WKPP this summer, but I cetainly didn't see everyone's gear. I was trying to pay attention to Casey and JJ. And to the dive prep operations...

I'd go so far as to say the only signficiant weight shift would be the 121s. The rebreather and the stages would likely cancel each other out, and I think the Gavins are set neutral. I can't remember if they do a positive or negative pitch on them though.

PerroneFord:
and I think the Gavins are set neutral. I can't remember if they do a positive or negative pitch on them though.
Caves scooters should be a bit negative, in open water a bit positive.

That's it. Float to top for recovery in open water, sink to the cave floor on the cave...

Thanks JeffG

I had a student tell me recently that he knew a "tech diver" who used 2 95lb wings because he needed the lift. I explained the necessity for redundancy when diving wet but the 2 wings shouldn't be used at the same time. He told me that wasn't the reason for the 2 wings. This "tech diver" used 2 separate wings because he needed the lift when he dove with double 120s and 5 stage/deco bottles - one under each arm, one on each leg, and...get this...one in between his legs! When I explained to my student that if the dive requires that many tanks, they should be doing pre and post dives and also be using support divers to set up the stage and deco bottles. My student told me the "tech diver" said they got in late, had only one day to dive, and had to leave, so he had to carry all the tanks on the one dive. My response - if you don't have the time to carry out the dive appropriately, and safely, then don't do it. I think I know who my student was talking to now... :D

Back
Top Bottom