Ok im getting a BP and Wing setup...help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I honestly don't recall which at this point - been a few years since I was making a purchase I thought might be an issue, but I am pretty sure the last one I questioned was a true refund.

Thatcher B:
I think that a very good setup for rec and tech diving would be,
OMS Iq Pack
300 Bar Isolation manifold,
95lp steel tanks
oms bands
OMS #94 lift
al, back plate

Any specific reason you need 94lbs of lift? Personally I enjoy diving wrecks, not lifting them.

Thatcher B:
When you dive with steel doubles, 2 stages and coupld deco bottles and a DPV> you need it

A wing, or any BC needs to do two things; float your rig at the surface without you in it, and compensate for the loss, or potential loss of buoyancy of your exposure suit.

Your DPV should be close to neutral, no load on the BC.

A rigged AL 40 deco bottle is at most 2-3 lbs negative

AL80's, rigged as stages, and full of air are at most 4-6 lbs negative.

Unless you are doubling up Heiser 190's, steel doubles are at most ~24 lbs negative.

Can you provide an example where the rig, with all the gear you list, is anywhere near 94 lbs negative?

Tobin

This should be good...

Thatcher B:
When you dive with steel doubles, 2 stages and coupld deco bottles and a DPV> you need it
Yea...if your stages and deco bottles are steel and you dpv is flooded. LOL

scrapdizzy:
Im wanting to be under $500 but am hearing good things locally about the Halcyon line.

I tried one on and its indeed minimalistic, which is good, I like that. The lack of shoulder padding was odd feeling, is that normal? I would need the front weight pouches as well.

What are some other options other than the Halcyon with the Stainless plate and 35lb wing? And what is it going to run me?

I think I am choosing this route over the Zeagel Brigade at Scubatoys simply because im a big guy and already use about 15% more air than my diving partner so im trying to cut drag as much as possible.

Another vote for DeepSeaSupply
Best bang for your buck out there.
I :heart: Mine!
OK, thats a bit over the edge :wink:
Its a great setup and built like a tank!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom