OK DUI Owners what do you think ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and to top it all off--my dry suit runs windows!!!!

You should call DUI, their service department it great. I'm sure they could fix this problem for you. Get the Mac option! :popcorn:

... I have a signature serious, self entry, special edition model with the Rock Boots, hot and cold running water, cable TV, grenade launcher, laser sighting, live well, heating pad, babe magnet, compass, dual exhaust, wine rack, kegerator, ice tray, spear sharpener, bottle opener, can opener, paint ball gun adaptor, and to top it all off--my dry suit runs windows!!!!

What?!?! You didn't get the Shoot-through weapons bag. C'mon, I though you had all the options :wink:

I got my CLX450 Signature Series a few months ago and I absolutely love it. It was custom measured and cost a bit more but after diving it I have to say it was worth every cent. I got mine with the bellows pockets, p-valve and Rock Boots.

The shoulder entry system works fine for me. Yes you have to be a bit flexible but removing the right sleeve is easy once you get the hang of it. The guys I dive with have DUI suits with shoulder entry and nobody is asking for assistance.

Big vote for the Rock Boots over Turbo Soles. The boots are comfortable and fit great. They're great for walking around pre-dive or over rocks on shore dives. They fit snugly so they transfer power between your leg and fin more efficiently than having your foot wobbling around in a loose boot. Plus they look snazzy.

My suit is comfortable, strong and (as long as I chose the right undergarments) warm as hell. In fact, I'm debating whether it's going to be too warm for an upcoming Florida Keys trip.

I'm actually considering getting a TLS for that one.

In any case, don't necessarily go for the cheapest option. You're going to buy this drysuit and it's going to last you a long time. It's going to be your friend in the cold, dark, alone of the deep deep. Buy it right and buy it once.

I own a CLX450, and it is a great suit. It is rugged, travels well and relatively easy to don and remove.

However, if you are not set on a DUI, there are other suits out there that fit well and are less expensive. Here in Maine, Body Glove drysuits have become very popular. The are designed for a trimmer fit (so if you are husky, they probably won't work for you) and seem to wear extremely well. In fact, they almost look like a DUI cave cut custom suit. When I need to replace my dry suit, it will most likely be with a body glove suit.

I also like BARE drysuits; again, they are a bit less expensive than DUI but they are fantastic looking and seem quite rugged.

Jeff

One thing to consider if you haven't done so, is the Zip seals... I dove the Compressed neoprene gloves and loved them for the warmth...

Then I decided to get the SI Tech gloves to have access to my hands during the surface intervals, sent back the suit to DUI for a sleeve adjustment and am a happy diver...

They have precision and leave your suit looking like new when they are done...

You just had to go there!!!!!

Hey! He's the one who said it would run Windows. I presumed drysuits were like air conditioners and computer...they stop working when you open Windows! :shakehead:

I got the TLS 350 as reported and dove first time dry yesterday and can say. "Does anyone here want a Farmer Jon 2 piece 7mm suit ?" Drysuit diving is the only way to go in MN cold water. Plus I thought it would be a real transition challenge but it was not as bad at all. I think the great instructor I had had something to do with it too. thank you all for your input.

It's all about getting the air out of the suit before you dive and adding just enough air to offset the squeeze...

Use your BC for bouyancy, will make drysuit diving so much easier...

Remember balancing two sets of bouyancy makes for more multi tasking and less fun diving...

MG

I'd be VERY VERY interested in hearing ones explanation as to how that is and what problems it could possibly insinuate.

The placement of the zip directly affects the placement of the dump valve. I have a rear entry suit and the zip starts well into the left shoulder. That means the dump valve is therefore rotated further round on the arm than I would like. Imagine holding your arms out in front of you, palms down. Your valve would be on your bicep, at 90 degrees to the floor, instead of being parallel with the floor. Bit a of nuisance to get the valve to dump, as an air pocket can develop north of the vavle and lead to trapped air. My next suit will a front entry for that reason.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom