OK DUI Owners what do you think ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive the CF200 Signature series and will be picking up my TLS350 Signature series this week as it just came in !! :)

I am ready to get a drysuit just sick of freezing at depth here in MN. I was looking at the TLS350 or CLX450 then looking on the DUI website noticed the TLSse and CLXse seireis. I like the CLXse and TLSse from a cost perspective they are about $400 less then perspctive numbered series.
Is the CLX series really that more durable then TLS series ?
Are the numbered series 350 450 really worth the extra $400 vs non numberd se. Is the quality the same ?

Dive cold lakes in MN will be doing some wrek dives, ice dives and I do not dive alone. May want to get with the public safety diving people in my county as well.

I dive the CF200 Signature series and will be picking up my TLS350 Signature series this week as it just came in !! :)

Just curious, what's made you change suits? I just ordered a CF200..........

Not changing as I am going to dive both. I see myself using the CF200 in colder harsher environments and the TLS in less extreme dives.

Just curious, what's made you change suits? I just ordered a CF200..........

Not changing as I am going to dive both. I see myself using the CF200 in colder harsher environments and the TLS in less extreme dives.

The idea being that the CF200 is bit stiffer than the TLS, so it's a trade-off between warmth and flexibility?

That is one of the trade-offs correct. Another being I would rather dive the CF200 to a wreck than use the TLS. I Also like that the TLS will dry rapidly vs the CF. Don't get me wrong If I could only have one I would dive the CF200. Thankfully I am not limited in that regard.

The idea being that the CF200 is bit stiffer than the TLS, so it's a trade-off between warmth and flexibility?

just a word on the rock boot vs turbosole thing - i think the key (like in everything!) is fit. if the turbosoles are the right size, you're golden. but if they're a bit too small, ouchie, and if a bit too big, air traps really easily & you can kick your boots & fins off while dangling upside down. rock boots are therefore easier to size for you & change sizes if you need to & may have better resale value - though i lucked out & love my turbosoles! rock boots are so bulky & always seem to get filthy between the water & the storage bin.

just a word on the rock boot vs turbosole thing - i think the key (like in everything!) is fit. if the turbosoles are the right size, you're golden. but if they're a bit too small, ouchie, and if a bit too big, air traps really easily & you can kick your boots & fins off while dangling upside down. rock boots are therefore easier to size for you & change sizes if you need to & may have better resale value - though i lucked out & love my turbosoles! rock boots are so bulky & always seem to get filthy between the water & the storage bin.

My experience has been exactly the opposite. Couldn't be happier with Rock Boots. They really can't be beat for surf entries/exits in less than ideal bottom conditions. Rinse them off with the rest of the gear at the end of the dive & you're good to go.

Add to that the "gaiter" effect: properly laced Rock Boots keep air from migrating where it shouldn't, eliminating floaty feet and the need for ankle weights. Wouldn't go back to built in booties if you paid me...

JMHO,

Exactly !!

My experience has been exactly the opposite. Couldn't be happier with Rock Boots. They really can't be beat for surf entries/exits in less than ideal bottom conditions. Rinse them off with the rest of the gear at the end of the dive & you're good to go.

Add to that the "gaiter" effect: properly laced Rock Boots keep air from migrating where it shouldn't, eliminating floaty feet and the need for ankle weights. Wouldn't go back to built in booties if you paid me...

JMHO,

My experience has been exactly the opposite.

opposite of what? most of my post was about how rock boots are easier to get sized correctly and boost resale. so you found them harder to size?

opposite of what? most of my post was about how rock boots are easier to get sized correctly and boost resale. so you found them harder to size?

I guess I was unclear as to which part of your post I disagreed: "rock boots are so bulky & always seem to get filthy between the water & the storage bin."

Both of us have Rock Boots and have no issues with using them or keeping them clean.

Hope that clarifies things,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom