OK DUI Owners what do you think ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I purchased a drysuit dryer for my suit and my suit drys in hours not days... Just $34.99 for the hanger and it's just fantastic.

"Much to learn, do you still have."

YodaDir.jpg

Just got a DUI TLS350 Dry Suit Zip Seals Neck and Wrist Sport Package, Action Wear 300, Action Wear 300 Pant ant top , Warm Neck. Polartec 300 boots it has the XL turbo soles
Thanks for all the input and what not I can not wait til it gets here. Now I have to find fins. to fit the XL turbo soles and my 11.5-12 street shoe feet.

Great setup. The only difference I would have recommended it the rock boots vs. turbo soles. I'm a firm believer in rock boots over permanently mounted boots.

Congratulation on a great suit, now let's 'not' get wet! :D

Great setup. The only difference I would have recommended it the rock boots vs. turbo soles. I'm a firm believer in rock boots over permanently mounted boots.

Congratulation on a great suit, now let's 'not' get wet! :D

Thanks...Have many people had bad experiences with the turbo soles ? I hear the rock boots are good as it minimizes the risk of getting air trapped in your feet. Are there techniques to avoid this with Turbo sole or integrated boot system ?? I may start a new thread on this topic after I do some seraches.

Rock boot's.... turbo soles.... some never know the diff... some love the Rock boots at first then learn to hate the idea of having to pack and don another item, others love the Turbo soles but complain of foot squeeze as they exit the water.

All in all I think you made a great choice in choosing DUI. They're a great company that makes a great line of suits. SE or X is another one of the personal choice things... personally I think my SE don's way easier than my X does, yip I need help with the zipper but I've noticed that people tend to kill zippers in the X series with a lot more frequency than the SE, and I never dive without a buddy anyway so a zip in/out is just not even a thought.
I read somewhere here that valve drills are harder in an SE. I would humbly disagree, I have 1 SE suit (Neoprene) and 2 X (TLS350-CF200) valve drills are equally comfortable across the board. I would suggest that if one has a problem with reaching valves the problem is in the overall fit of the suit and or undergarments and has nothing to do with the zipper.
Also stated was that the rear zipper 'could negatively impact the dump valve placement'.... that is amazing to me and I've never heard of that before... I'd be VERY VERY interested in hearing ones explanation as to how that is and what problems it could possibly insinuate.

Thanks...Have many people had bad experiences with the turbo soles ?

It depends on what kind of diving you do. If it's mostly shore entries over rough/rocky terrain, "turbo soles = twisted ankles."

Almost all my diving is off the back of a boat, with a handful of quarry training dives now and again. No need for Rock Boots so I go with Turbo Soles.

When I have dove with Rock Boots previously I HATED them, as the socks on the suits would always end-up with a seam or a fold or crease getting ground into my foot inside the Rock Boot.

DUI makes the best dry suits in the world...period! How you build it is simply preference. I use a DUI CF200 and have had no problems for nearly three years. I have a signature serious, self entry, special edition model with the Rock Boots, hot and cold running water, cable TV, grenade launcher, laser sighting, live well, heating pad, babe magnet, compass, dual exhaust, wine rack, kegerator, ice tray, spear sharpener, bottle opener, can opener, paint ball gun adaptor, and to top it all off--my dry suit runs windows!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom