Oily bikini lady in rebreather ad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

awesome pics

nice viz eh?

scoooooters, thats sexy

Things haven't changed much over the years...

SSD1mag.jpg

catherine96821:
awesome pics

nice viz eh?

scoooooters, thats sexy

We start the trip about 100 miles offshore, so the vis is almost always great.

Zooming around on the wrecks is great fun!

But men chisled out of marble posing in jeans is totally ok ads, right?
If women shouldnt be able to be wearing minimal clothing in ads, neither should men. Its not like it plays LESS on sex with a male posing than a female?

Yeah, I did find the add kinda.. "weird" but it sure aint going particularilly far compared to other adds I see.
Just remember, sex doesnt sell only to men, it sells to women as well..

Oh the conspiracy... the pics of the lady instructor were taken DURING her rebreather course and were completely candid.

Somehow, I don't believe that EVERY ad dealing with scuba has to have an old male Scuba Diver in it to make it "believable". This says more about those COMPLAINING about the ad, than the ad itself. Do you feel that a beautiful woman either lacks the requesite skills, knowledge or inteligence to dive a rebreather? Is there a law that she has to cover up in order for her brains to work?

Welcome to the new age of diving. You don't need to be macho in order to dive. Here's hoping there will be many, many more ladies joining the cadre of divers as well as rebreather divers.

Somehow, I don't believe that EVERY ad dealing with scuba has to have an old male Scuba Diver in it to make it "believable". This says more about those COMPLAINING about the ad

lol.....just projecting our shadows here Zenmaster.

Breasts always get everybody all worked up. I want to see a gorilla!

When I looked at the web page, I saw 3 shots: a man, a women and a kiss. This discussion says a lot about the people who only saw the oiled up woman.
One poster said they doubted the woman could possibly know anything about rebreathers; would that be because she is a woman or because she is beautiful? It turned out she knew quite a lot about 'breathers.
I am the father of 3 half-Japanese children: it has always been my experience that the children have been MOST at risk when in the presence of politically-correct people, because such people bury their true feelings most deeply in their hearts. Such feelings are safest when they are exposed to the illuminating glare of reasoned argument and, if necessary, ridicule.
What was the woman supposed to wear: a barqa?
Vive la difference!

tonka97:
Or you, ayisha!

Aww, that's nice, thanks! :) I'm not nearly as accomplished a diver as Chickdiver or Catherine, though...

NetDoc:
Do you feel that a beautiful woman either lacks the requesite skills, knowledge or inteligence to dive a rebreather? Is there a law that she has to cover up in order for her brains to work?

Your whole post was very well put, NetDoc. It's unfortunate that some people still think that in this day and age, isn't it?

I'm sure I'm not the only woman who gets a look of surprise and lots of questions when people find out/see that I'm a diver, particularly in cold water. Granted, I'm petite, but still... It's not only men who tend to be surprised - other women wonder how we do it... And that's just recreational diving! I can only imagine the surprise that female tech divers must get from onlookers...

A good female friend of mine is a pilot for a major airline and I see the utter shock when people find out what she does. If she just says that she works for the airline, people usually automatically assume she's a stewardess. She happens to be a pretty, fairly young woman. People then usually assume she flies small planes, and when she informs them that she flies large jets, I can see the eyes go even wider and the jaw drop... all presumably because she is a woman in a perceivably man's world. So sad, but the perception is still there... :shakehead

Good post NetDoc :)

heh, I picked up a friends LP108(?) doubles the other day ... holy #$%&**!!!! ... weaker sex is NOT what I was thinking!

Back
Top Bottom