Oily bikini lady in rebreather ad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After having spent time in Europe and watching prime time ads there that would only be acceptable on the PlayBoy channel in the US, I find it funny that any Europeans would complain!

Although, I really didn't get the feeling that either sex was objectified. Only that there was a much more casual approach to nudity that I found rather refreshing.

Gone with the objectifying also was the judgement, as I found at several visits to spas in Germany!

A day at Aqualand was quite a treat!

No, it doesn't bother me but I just ordered a Ducati Hotties Callendar for JB and the girls were so .....unhot...that I wanted to return it to XXX Lake Motor Sports but I don't want to offend them, I think it is their girlfriends and wives, because they have a baby on the last page...a bit creepy. So now Im just stuck with it. I plan to put it up at a gas station or something. I was hoping for the Italian models, I guess. These were the hometown girls, all five that were willing to pose half dressed on a Ducati.

Kompressor, there is a man on that add too, fairly studly, so does that make you feel objectified?

hey I thought you Norwegians were more liberal about this stuff? Or just when it is more wholesome?

I'll probably get flamed again, this answer might not be kosher.

lol, ML posted the same thought at the same time. We thought Norwegians were more casual about bodies....maybe that is our massive American propaganda machine?

Casual, yes. No problems with topless girls or nude beaches for that matter. I even visit nude beaches sometimes. It's only natural, and I'm not some religious moralist anyways.

My first thought when I saw the ad was likely as most men: very pretty girl! Although I don't know her, I most likely wouldn't mind getting to know her. My next thought was that no way in hell (is that a legal word?) is she a rebreather diver! -Or IF she is, she's not getting in like that... Then I felt that the ad was somewhat tasteless after all. -As her sexy body is the main attraction (it worked on me...), and the rebreather in spe was somewhat in the background.

Please, I'm not a moral preacher about nudity. I'm just not so sure if it is fair to "objectify" women in this way.

More views appreciated, from the ladies please...

There was some discussion about this same subject on SB or SB2, on or about the time of the crash. There was some response also from KISS who claimed said lady model was actually quite an accomplished diver.

For once, I'd like to see a gal with less mass, yet truly beautiful cleavage, be put forth for appreciation.

Objectivity, IMHO, is in the eye of the beholder!

She is an instructor and a rebreather diver according to KISS

Azza:

Thank you. Wasn't sure of the specifics!:D

Azza:

so she is allowed to look sexy.

...and she might kick our butts :D although she looks like a really nice girl.

catherine96821:
so she is allowed to look sexy.

...and she might kick our butts :D although she looks like a really nice girl.

That's cool with me for her sake that she looks good and I agree, she looks like a nice person to me too. Nothing wrong with that. I still think it's a bit silly to have an ad for rebreathers that shows more breasts than actually the product.

KOMPRESSOR:
My first thought when I saw the ad was likely as most men: very pretty girl! Although I don't know her, I most likely wouldn't mind getting to know her. My next thought was that no way in hell (is that a legal word?) is she a rebreather diver! -Or IF she is, she's not getting in like that...

This was my first thought as well when I saw the ad- that this wasn't what my idea of a typical rebreather diver, but I thought about it bit more, and I recalled that at least one of the RB manufacturers does training in warm, sunny destinations. I recall that there was a cover shot and some pictures in Advanced Diver Magazine of a woman using a rebreather. I made the connection that there probably are women in warm sunny places that dive rebreathers. In that case a bikini, 10W-40, and a rebreather would be a likely combination.

Yes, this whole "ad thing" came up a few weeks ago before Scubaboard crashed for several days. There were something like 1000 views within 24 hours!

I've spoken with Kim Smith, the female owner of Jetsam Technologies, who makes the Kiss rebreathers. The woman in the ad is an accomplished dive instructor, dive shop owner, and rebreather diver in the Dominican Republic. The Sport Kiss is being promoted for recreational diving as opposed to the usual thoughts of deep, dark, cold technical diving on rebreathers.

If nothing else, the ad is getting recreational divers talking about Kiss rebreathers -- a fantastic product, I might ad! If you are interested in recreational rebreather diving (what their ad is promoting), check out the latest issue of Underwater Journal (www.underwaterjournal.com) where there is an article on the subject.

Just my 2 cents.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom