Oily bikini lady in rebreather ad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is SUNDAY... my comment simply would be. If more women dressed like this to church, more men would attend services.

As a new member of SB (March 1st) I've been seeing that ad pop up on my computer screen for a little over two weeks. I remembered the silicone girl, but that's it. Until I saw this discussion under "new posts" and clicked in, I didn't even realize it was an ad for rebreathers.

I work in advertising. The triad of advertising effectiveness is "attention-association-retention." They did one thing right, they got my attention. They did one thing wrong, they didn't associate (or anchor) my attention to the product promoted. By missing the second leg there's no way I could retain anything for a future purchase decision.

Granted, as a new diver I might not be their target market, but that doesn't mean I won't be someday.

Having said all that, this discussion is free advertising and effectively completes the triad for the advertiser because it created focus on the ad, essentially anchoring the product in our minds. You may respond negatively to the ad, but when you're standing in front a lineup of rebreathers listening to the features/benefits of each one, you'll remember the ad. If you like what you hear on the rebreather in question, your negative response to the ad will most likely be diminished.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom