Oily bikini lady in rebreather ad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dunno, first thing I think of is FAKE.......Men, ladies are not shaped like a upsidedown cereal bowl in nature. Other than that, who cares.

CheddarChick:
I dunno, first thing I think of is FAKE.......Men, ladies are not shaped like a upsidedown cereal bowl in nature. Other than that, who cares.

We don't wear clothes in nature either... :eyebrow: :crafty:

Just a Note: this ad was discussed here on SB before (pre crash?) and the owner of KISS, Kim Smith came on to discuss it .. she said the ad was to get your attention , get you talking about her product (worked, didn't it) and show that a rebreather can be used by more than the stereotypical gung ho "man in black" divers
and pointed out that the person in the ad is not just a model. but an avid diver (instructor and dives a KISS as well)

Edit: oops, thought I read all the thread, missed your post debersole explaining just that :)

D_B:
Just a Note: this ad was discussed here on SB before (pre crash?) and the owner of KISS, Kim Smith came on to discuss it .. she said the ad was to get your attention , get you talking about her product (worked, didn't it) and show that a rebreather can be used by more than the stereotypical gung ho "man in black" divers
and pointed out that the person in the ad is not just a model. but an avid diver (instructor and dives a KISS as well)

Good post.
Most men love to look at sexy, beautiful women. It is built into us.

Women often objectify men, just using different parameters....check out the 'romance novels' that sell by the 10s of millions. Women often are turned on by reading and hearing; men are charged up by visual stimuli.

Consider the multi-billion dollar cosmetics industry...women know that men are visual, and purchase beauty enhancements/cover-ups to be successful in attracting men's attention/desire.

Blame biology, and 'what works'.

Azza:
She is an instructor and a rebreather diver according to KISS
and in that other thread discussion, one of her "attributes" was being married to a millionaire we were told.... :shakehead

i hear the company is very happy with the increase in hits on their sites but my thoughts - the ad dumbs down the product

this plus the 30% increase the product has had since march 07 tells me to expect alot more cashed-up newbie divers that gotta have the latest coolest toys

although this product is a VERY good one, for the price of this unit these days you might as well step up to a different unit

thats my 2c anyways

cheers

debersole:
The Sport Kiss is being promoted for recreational diving as opposed to the usual thoughts of deep, dark, cold technical diving on rebreathers.

If nothing else, the ad is getting recreational divers talking about Kiss rebreathers

Just my 2 cents.

Thats all great and fine, but I'm not sure the recreational world (well, the newer divers) is ready to dive rebreathers. They're a bit more complicated than the standard reg, bc & tank combo....... so I'm not very keen on seeing ads for any rb on a recreational site....
Good for KISS that their marketing gimmick worked, but I certainly hope they have warnings on the dangers of rb's on their site as well...
Dont need Joe Blow who has 8 dives going out to buy a rb because he saw bikini lady and her rb in the ad, showing him that "hey anyone can dive a rebreather!".....

I didn't find the ad offensive, dumb, but not offensive. Not nearly as dumb as the old Drager ad either....

As for diving an rb without a drysuit or 10 tons of wetsuit... I just got back from 4 days diving deep wrecks out in the Gulf. I did the last 2 dives in a bikini, boardshorts and a hooded vest (mostly to control my hair) and my Meg......

tonka97:
Good post.
Most men love to look at sexy, beautiful women. It is built into us.

Women often objectify men, just using different parameters....check out the 'romance novels' that sell by the 10s of millions. Women often are turned on by reading and hearing; men are charged up by visual stimuli.

Consider the multi-billion dollar cosmetics industry...women know that men are visual, and purchase beauty enhancements/cover-ups to be successful in attracting men's attention/desire.

Blame biology, and 'what works'.

They say men are visual and women like money. (or power)

I did the last 2 dives in a bikini, boardshorts and a hooded vest (mostly to control my hair) and my Meg......
I vote you in the next ad but lose the hood and make it about the hair, lol. ..and make those nails look nice, okay? And then we'll all post about you.

You would be a good model for KISS or any other dive product, chickdiver!

And Catherine too!

Back
Top Bottom