OHHH YEA the X1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funny. I ordered one at the same time you did. Mine was delayed for another month. I canceled the order. Figured I would get one on a later run after they change the battery guaranty and get their act together.

By the way I met the owner and one of the instructors from Tiger Shark Scuba out at Travis couple of weeks ago. Seem like a good outfit.

Funny. I ordered one at the same time you did. Mine was delayed for another month. I canceled the order. Figured I would get one on a later run after they change the battery guaranty and get their act together.

By the way I met the owner and one of the instructors from Tiger Shark Scuba out at Travis couple of weeks ago. Seem like a good outfit.

A lot of them have been delayed, I know a couple that was suppose to be with mine that got pushed out to like end of Feb now so I got extremely lucky that I was able to get one, I gave my my VR3 for it so I think that helped, thats why I gave a big thanks out to Tiger Shark.

All in all I can't beleive how awsome this unit is, I loved the VR3 but this is just hands down a better computer in my opinion, its footprint is barely larger than my Nitek C.

I figure Tiger Shark will be my regular shop now.

Kurt told me he ran into you down there at Travis, planning on going down this weekend.

I know a few fellows that waited a year from their order date till they got one......I think the unit holds promise as they work through the usual production and other issues. I have read both goods and negatives..but thats normal for any new arrival. For me I will continue to use CC tables and BT's for now.

You Lucky Sucker.
Man, I should have bought one of those but instead I got one of these gems !

Cool Huh ? :D

Looks more like a console mount than a wrist mount to me...

Maybe not as fast as yours, but it does come with that cool steering wheel:eyebrow:

Yeah, *** was that for anyway?

They forgot to have one of those mad scientist bzzzzzzz things, with the arc going up the 2 metal rods.....

Maybe not as fast as yours, but it does come with that cool steering wheel:eyebrow:

All the better to drive your Retro Gypsy Girl RV.

X1 is raising their prices by $200.00 by Feb 5th, if anyone wants an X1 at todays prices they need to lock in the order with a 25% deposit.

X1 is raising their prices by $200.00 by Feb 5th, if anyone wants an X1 at todays prices they need to lock in the order with a 25% deposit.

First I get the buzz cut hair like you and now I have to order a Red Carpet Dive Computer just to be Swank ??
Dude you are hard to keep up with. I guess there has to be somebody to blaze the new trail.

But I bet my chicken bones can out do your chicken bones
:lotsalove:

Well I don't have a buzz cut, but it is for sure a red carpet computer!

But its not the only one that will keep up, VR3, Shearwater, Nitek He, X1, Nitek X (vaporware), HS Explorer, BT and Tables all are good ways to get the job done and they will dive with my X1 just fine.

I'm just a gear nut and for the dives I do/want to do, the X1 is the best tool in the cabinet.

You can download your tissue data into V-Planner for very in depth dive planning, and the tables you cut from v-planner match the algo in the computer so if you use v-planner for gas planning etc, it matches up well with the X1, the compitition can't do that. Thats the primary reason I switched, I did planning in V-planner and dove a VR3, when you start pushing dives deeper they dont' match up at all, on dives in the 220+ range if you cut tables from v-planner and dive the VR3 you'll be cutting into your gas reserves because the VR3 will hold you so much longer.

with that said the VR3 is a great computer, you can cut tables from it and plan your gas by hand and that works out just fine.

Back
Top Bottom