Need computer advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I suggest you ditch the console, use a shorter hose and route a small button SPG over left shoulder and next to inflator hose. The SPG is there if needed but one less hose to route around your side and clip to BC. You will soon learn to trust the AI and later will be able to remove the SPG. In the interim, it is out of your way but accessible when needed. Mount your compass on whichever hand does not have a light in it. And now, the console is obsolete equipment and one less item to keep track of.

I ended up getting the Shearwater Peregrine TX. Made first dives with it two days over Labor Day. If you get one, start early setting it up; too many choices on what to display. I was able to see the large screen at depth with uncorrected vision. One down side is my orangutan arms may be pushing the limits on transmitter distance. I have some work around options but need more play time at the lake. Having never used integrated air before, I like the fact that it lets the diver know when pressure hits 700psi.

One thing I'm OK wiht but it could be better. Not all of the settings seem to be available through the software. I was expecting the ability to set everything up the way I want it via my phone or tab. A lot of the settings are only available by pushing the buttons and scrolling though which can be a bit cumbersome until acclimated to it. My Garmin MK1 is the opposite, lot of the set up I've only found a way to address is though the PC interface, IIRC. Having both options would be ideal though. Although seemingly simple to operate, the SPTX so far seems to be a very capable computer. The closest I get to tech diving is Nitrox so cannot comment on tech side of this device but it certainly seems to have a lot of it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom