Oh, what the heck! .... May dayz ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sideways sorry for your loss. It is hard to say what any airline policy is with regards to bereavement. AA was wonderful to us when our grandson passed away, discount air fare, worked with us and our schedule...can't say enough nice things about them when we needed them. I'm sorry they didn't be more compassionate when you needed it.
Likewise, Continental was great to my wife when her mom passed while we were here on Cozumel. They converted her return trip from to Austin to to Birmingham for only the difference in ticket price had she bought it when we bought our CZM tix and they got her on the next flight out. I miss Continental.

Really...don't mean to threadjack Sharky's May Dayz. Sorry Marc...

Maybe it's a case of Gordon and Scubatree being "AT" destination when their horrific loss happened. Mine, was prior to our flight out to Cozumel on the same day. We were told by AA that we should cancel the flight planned for that evening ( 10 hours from the time of the call). Then re-schedule the flight. That was fine, we were told that if we provided a death certificate (which takes 1-2 weeks to be issued) we would receive a refund for the $1100 that we paid for the cancelled flight. SO.... after the stress of that day, we called back to cancel and were told that there would be no refund, but a travel voucher would be sent. We were pretty pissed. This is $1100 we had out there. They wouldn't let us apply it to another flight or credit it back to our card. We cancelled, and now have to fight with them as to whether it will be a voucher or refund. At this point we had to book a new flight out of pocket without that $1100. Did AA offer us any kind of help or discount? No. The cheapest flight we could find the next week out was $1700 (on any airlines) Unless we wanted to do 20 plus hour layovers...then it was $1300. AA gave us a number to call about a refund vs. a voucher and guess what? It's an automated response to send an email request in, no person to person interaction possible. So bottom line? The plus is, they will give us $1100 back in some form with a death cert.....other than that in the way of assistance? Nada...zilch..

BWI? Let me guess: it will cost me more than 189 out of Baltimore? And no reserved seat....

Yes, I checked because my brother lives in the area: the very same flight to which I would connect at BWI would indeed cost more.

I know SWA doesn't have reserved seats, but their loading process does allow some reasonable control since they load in batches. They're also much faster at getting planes loaded. For literally hundreds per person less I'll give it a try since there are no direct flights to CZM from New England anyway and direct flights from Boston (much farther away for me) to CUN are considerably more.

Not quite sure where "BMI" came from. I was probably doing Scubaboard between patients...

Yes, I checked because my brother lives in the area: the very same flight to which I would connect at BWI would indeed cost more.

I know SWA doesn't have reserved seats, but their loading process does allow some reasonable control since they load in batches. They're also much faster at getting planes loaded. For literally hundreds per person less I'll give it a try since there are no direct flights to CZM from New England anyway and direct flights from Boston (much farther away for me) to CUN are considerably more.

Not quite sure where "BMI" came from. I was probably doing Scubaboard between patients...

Well as long as the BMI wasn't aimed at me....

I dunno. I guess I am going have to learn to like SW, since they are doing all the Airtran this fall I guess. Groups.... ugg. I got no complaints about boarding times, so no gain for me. Maybe the groups will make some animals more equal?

Where y'at, Sideways? I am in 102 but fixin' to take off for dinner. I'll be in the packing frenzy tomorrow morning, but come by and say hi!

2 weeks from right now, I will be feet wet over the gulf heading down. It has been 2.5 years and I can hardly wait. I am getting my nitrox certification with 3P for a better price than I can find anywhere around here. Looking forward to some long dives.

One week from today I will be there! Looking forward to it.

Gaffer (Tom)

Last edited:
6 days til i will be in cozumel. We are diving with DWM. Getting excited, almost time to pack.

Heya folks. Back from Cozumel on 12th, stayed at allegro, dove with Aldora. We will definitely be diving with Aldora again. Probably will not be staying at allegro again. Next time we're going to check into staying at Villa Aldora. What an awesome week of diving. I did my last of 5 days of diving with Prodive due to reservation problems (waited till I arrived on Cozumel) to reserve with Aldora, but they did they're best to accommodate me, Lets just say, i won't be diving with Prodive again, not because they were necessarily a bad op, but very sub par compared to Aldora. I can't wait until the fall for my next visit. This time, i'll be reserving my dives long before I arrive on the island.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom