Trip Report Grand Park Royal, July 15-24 & Jungle Divers (again!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Allegro had the same skimpy allocation in the room fridge. We left a $200 peso tip with a note "mas cervezas, por favor" on the second day and they left about 8 each time after that.

Ambassador level room at GPR - not showing pics of the bathrooms as they're fairly standard. The shower in the bedroom bath was smaller than the other one. I think these rooms are only on levels 2-6 (which would really be 3-7?). So you're not going to get an ocean view until you get higher up - we were right in the middle of the palm tree canopy, and that was fine with me.

F4A9670D-D493-468C-86DC-B163214B8870_1_105_c.jpeg
AC01F648-43BE-4C13-B9F0-31D6F53378A9_1_105_c.jpeg
E6FED9E2-B4A5-4ECA-9A3E-A684B5E57904_1_105_c.jpeg
30B08FA8-C0A8-4E24-A0F0-B7210552D262_1_105_c.jpeg
3EBC9FF3-F859-4D7F-B5AA-E705D4A7167D_1_105_c.jpeg

I gotta admit, the bed on the patio is disturbing, possibly bordering on icky. I'm sure there are SB'ers who are eager to correct my prudish opinion. Great report! I have wondered what it is like staying at this property. I wonder if you had the same waiter at Blue Angle that we had. He was thin, with a lot of tats. Very engaging and animated.
I know a lot of people praise the Condos Palmar. I loved the unit we booked, but a clan of screaming kids whom constantly dominated the pool and ruined any sense of peace. I believe they were a family from the mainland who live in one of the units. The family was so rude and inconsiderate that I will avoid booking there in the future. Every time I book at a place other than the Residencias Reef, I kick myself.
I always enjoy reading your reports.

I gotta admit, the bed on the patio is disturbing, possibly bordering on icky. I'm sure there are SB'ers who are eager to correct my prudish opinion.
Ha ha! It's just for hanging out in the sun (but there is a linen shade over it). Ya know, if you were the piña colada drinking type to hang out on the deck). I sat out one afternoon reading a book for a bit. It was a little weird though, knowing the folks on the adjacent building elevator could see me out there - fully clothed as I was). :wink:

The family was so rude and inconsiderate that I will avoid booking there in the future.
Oh, I hear ya! Those folks are really frustrating. And there's something about pools and kids - the squealing and screeching starts as soon as they hit the water and doesn't stop until they're gone. But again, the parents of young children at Fiesta Americana did a great job of keeping kids on the quieter side - to the point I wondered what magic was at work!

I've thought about Residencias, but we don't rent a car or motos, and I want to be within walking distance of restaurants at minimum. Palmar would be close to the Jungle Divers dive shop (and we ride with them to the marina).

I would never expect, or waste time hoping, children in a swimming pool will be quiet. But a week of screeching kids in a pool would be too much for me and I would be in the never again club.

I've thought about Residencias, but we don't rent a car or motos, and I want to be within walking distance of restaurants at minimum.

I like Residencias, but I also do not want to be so remote south away from town and restaurants.

I can not find any of my 1 BR condos @ palmar anymore - where have they gone? Vanished off VRBO and other sites

Anyone know?

I like Residencias, but I also do not want to be so remote south away from town and restaurants.

I can not find any of my 1 BR condos @ palmar anymore - where have they gone? Vanished off VRBO and other sites

Anyone know?
The far south location is definitely a drawback for the RR, especially if traveling with non divers. You can try this website for Palmar units. HOME - Cozumel Habitats They were awesome to do business with.

IF you get the 'points' at Cozumel Palace, they can be used to purchase your diving. But that seems to be a big "IF" these days.
Members and their guests still get the credits. If you book through a member you can get them. You still have to pay a 16% (I think) fee on top of using the credits.

As I read the paragraph about liking smaller properties, I was mentally preparing a reply to see if you had ever considered Roberta's Village Tan Kah.
i know two fellas that have gone there together for a month at a time several times. apparently they love it there. and they dive with the shack right across the street.
it is about as basic as it gets i think but to each their own right.

i know two fellas that have gone there together for a month at a time several times. apparently they love it there. and they dive with the shack right across the street.
it is about as basic as it gets i think but to each their own right.

I may be mistaken, wasnt that place the Dive Inn way back in the 90s? We have looked at it, just opted for CDM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom