Trip Report Grand Park Royal, July 15-24 & Jungle Divers (again!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I completely agree about it being like an amusement park in certain areas/times. For me I never really stayed at any of the pools other than the one near the dock. Even at that one it was busy and the water was cold.

Last time we were there for 9 days (4 dives a day most days with Salty) and had ordered dinner every night except the days we did night dives off a boat. At all of the restaurants (with the exception of the italian as we only went there once) they always remembered us and upon sitting down always asked if we would like what we had before to drink. They had some decent liquor but you had to request it. Once we arrived to the Mexican Restaurant too late and they told us that they were not letting anymore in, but as the hostess looked up and recognized us from a couple days before she said give her a few minutes and let us in after a table opened. Now we do tip..well..and tipping alone is a highly debated topic and even more so at AI, but everywhere we went felt like the theme song to Cheers..

I really enjoyed the location because of its close proximity to Tikila, not too far from town and that beach that had nice underwater lights and atmosphere for a lazy dive at night.

To me the food and drinks were good and it was extremely cheap. I'm setting up another trip to stay there and this time around will go with Jungle Divers instead of Salty, mostly based on what you have posted about them before.

I may be mistaken, wasnt that place the Dive Inn way back in the 90s? We have looked at it, just opted for CDM.
sorry. can't help with that one

We booked this place on RCI points
Glad to get a first hand report on Grand Park. RCI is one of the ways we travel and Grand Park is a place we've thought about, but other factors have kept us away. I do like that area though.

Glad you made it to Ernesto's. Always one of our favorites. Sounds like another great trip with great diving!

Now we need the October Roll Call for Cozumel...

and a roll call for the TnC Aggressor for August :thumb:

What I usually do in such situations is just stop and stand there. I've gotten the stinkeye a couple of times but no one has ever tried to push me off the walk.

Of course, I wouldn't do that in NYC... :D
Ha! That's the best place to do it.

Back
Top Bottom