Oh, what the heck! .... May dayz ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gordon, hope you guys are having a blast. Looks like we might miss you this time around :( We had to cancel today's flight because of my Mom's passing yesterday. We have rebooked our flight and will arrive on the 6th, so Marc...we should at least get some quality time with you and Lore :) The Blue Angel, Eva, and Huit, have been nothing but spectacular in helping us juggle the changes and make it all work out. Much love too the Blue Angel :) American Airlines? Not so much love and compassion from them....but I'm not shocked. Hope it's the 7th your Leaving Gordon..so we can at least tip one cerveza back together :cheers:

Gordon, hope you guys are having a blast. Looks like we might miss you this time around :( We had to cancel today's flight because of my Mom's passing yesterday. We have rebooked our flight and will arrive on the 6th, so Marc...we should at least get some quality time with you and Lore :) The Blue Angel, Eva, and Huit, have been nothing but spectacular in helping us juggle the changes and make it all work out. Much love too the Blue Angel :) American Airlines? Not so much love and compassion from them....but I'm not shocked. Hope it's the 7th your Leaving Gordon..so we can at least tip one cerveza back together :cheers:

SO sorry for your loss brother. Glad y'all are still going to make it, I'll try and keep Gordon in line in your absence. :D

...on another note, not surprised at American's lack of compassion and customer service. The Wright Amendment goes away in October and the chains will be cut loose of Southwest... I feel it's just a matter of time before they start service to Mexico.

Not sure if Branson is interested in going to Mexico, but Virgin America is about to start flying out of Dallas Love Field soon as well.

The Wright Amendment goes away in October and the chains will be cut loose of Southwest... I feel it's just a matter of time before they start service to Mexico.

Southwest owns Airtran and they have been flying us to Mexico for a while. They even have SW flight numbers now. Soon, there goes my reserved seats....

the chains will be cut loose of Southwest... I feel it's just a matter of time before they start service to Mexico. .

In fact, you can already book flights on Southwest to Cancun starting in late September "subject to government approval". Prior to then, they switch you over to the AirTran site. The prices are great. Try $189 from Manchester, NH to Cancun including 2 checked bags (one-way, connecting at BMI). Can't beat that with a stick, even with non-reserved seats.

In fact, you can already book flights on Southwest to Cancun starting in late September "subject to government approval". Prior to then, they switch you over to the AirTran site. The prices are great. Try $189 from Manchester, NH to Cancun including 2 checked bags (one-way, connecting at BMI). Can't beat that with a stick, even with non-reserved seats.

BWI? Let me guess: it will cost me more than 189 out of Baltimore? And no reserved seat....

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. We leave on Wednesday (that's the 7th, right?).

Marc and Lore are in da house but I haven't seen them yet. They arrived and headed into town while I was out fishing.

First of all, Thursday CAN NOT get here fast enough!!

Also, I'd be interested in an "early May" get together...personally boycotting Wet Wendy's, (business decision), but almost anywhere else is cool. A happy hour at BA would be good, since there will already be at least 3 SBer's & buddies staying there.[/QUOTE]

I'm game for a SB meetup - perhaps the 8th? That would give a lot of people the chance to meet - some leaving soon, others just getting there, some in the middle of their trip.
BA is fine by me. Who's in?

So excited! We'll be there in 1 week! Woo Hoo! Warm water, here I come!

Heading to Seattle to get a couple more cold water dives in this weekend.

SO sorry for your loss brother. Glad y'all are still going to make it, I'll try and keep Gordon in line in your absence. :D

...on another note, not surprised at American's lack of compassion and customer service. The Wright Amendment goes away in October and the chains will be cut loose of Southwest... I feel it's just a matter of time before they start service to Mexico.

Not sure if Branson is interested in going to Mexico, but Virgin America is about to start flying out of Dallas Love Field soon as well.

Sideways sorry for your loss. It is hard to say what any airline policy is with regards to bereavement. AA was wonderful to us when our grandson passed away, discount air fare, worked with us and our schedule...can't say enough nice things about them when we needed them. I'm sorry they didn't be more compassionate when you needed it.

Back
Top Bottom