Octo for mk17?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nightwatch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I bought a reg setup used with a mk17 and g260. Unfortunately the octo couldn’t be serviced (us divers). Any suggestions for a lightweight octo to go with this rig? Warm water travel diver only.

Thanks

You can follow ScubaPro table below for reference.

1724857875459.png

I have two (2) set-ups MK17-EVO with S620Ti and R195 as Octo.

If the criteria is a downstream octo: R190 from Scubapro are quite nice as they have a seat saver button
Edit: they also share diaphragm with the g250
Edit2: r195s also have the seatsaver purge button, but they share diaphragm size with g260

I personally would get another g250, but it might be overkill for your use case

I use a D420, octo D420, G260, Zeagle F8, Hollis LX or what ever is sitting around, even been known to use an Air 2.

@Nightwatch how much of a „rush“ are you in? Do you have a dive trip planned soon?

If you are open to pairing up 2 similar seconds (some benefits are you can switch between them so you use both equally the same so they last longer, and the octo gives same quality as the primary; let alone the whole long hose thing)
Maybe you can wait for a g250 listing from @buddhasummer (or reach out directly); they tend to be the cleanest (amd freshly tuned), and would run you probably as much as a new r195 (just a guess)

Back
Top Bottom