Oceanic service questionable...???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Based on all my dealings with Oceanic over the years, I can say without reservation that Oceanic service is decidedly NOT questionable; it is consistently excellent.
Period.
Rick

Since I was so public about my complaint I wanted to be just as public with my praise. This is my first time purchasing oceanic products and I love all of my gear. It became obvious to me pretty early on after I placed my inquiry here that something was wrong…Its clear, Oceanic as a company must have great service based on what so many people said here on the board. Additionally, it has always been my opinion that their products are top notch. That was never a question.

So what went wrong to have such a small issue as a lens protector blow out of proportion like this? I think ultimately it’s a series of reasons. First, a couple of people I was dealing with initially at oceanic did not offer a solution to this small issue. Second, I came on a bit strong with my name. I was obviously upset after dealing with this for three weeks over what seems to me to be a small issue. I probably should have given other reps a chance to help first. Lastly, the reps who responded dug to the bottom of it all to find out what actually went wrong and fixed it.

The following is some e-mail communication between Oceanic and myself if you are still interested. After I placed this thread I was contacted by Oceanic Sales Rep. who basically told me the following:

“No such product exists at this time unless you choose to purchase the ATOM lens protector cover as an add on. The GEO packaging never has included and does not now include a lens protector of any kind!”

After clarifying some info. with them the representative later went onto say:

“our response to questions and issues can only be as good as the information we receive from our corporate office and in house support team. Bottom line is that we should have and did not just sent you the often mentioned GEO lens protector. We as a company and I as a sales representative have a long history of doing it right, providing excellent customer service and going that extra yard. Without question I personally and we as a company made some errors in both judgment and follow through with your situation and I at least will do my best to never have a situation shake out like this one has.”

“Our gauge/manufacturing division, after telling us that they would not be making a GEO specific lens protector, on their own decided to make one and subsequently started including them in the GEO packaging without telling us. Long story short, not one person from Doug our Marketing manager, nor myself on down even knew they existed until this morning and in fact we don't have a part number nor are they findable in our company computer system. All of this of course will be rectified.”

So- that explains it... it was an honest mistake. Talk about stand up character . Oceanic should be commended for this. Anyone can make a mistake, that’s easy. However, owning up to it and than rectifying the issue is the hard part. I am happy to say that the issue was most certainly rectified and resolved. Oceanic has proven to be a great company and their service is top notch without a doubt.

I’m due for a name change. Someone suggested oceanicservicerocks. However, I like OceanicRocks better. Simple, short and to the point.

Special thanks to Mr. Darryl Bowerman and Mr. Doug Krouse.

Oceanic Rocks!

GIMME AN
:wave-smil
_O___C___E___A___N___I___C_

Well done by all parties.

:coffee:
Good show! ... I always did like happy endings :)

No not really a good show but certainly a happy ending. I saw your previouse comment and its one that I read as honest and one that made me scratch my head thinking someting was wrong. However, I wish I could say that about comments some other people made on here. I can't, since to them perhaps I'm still a troll:shakehead:

oops, poor choice of words on my part .. it had nothing to do with a "show" .. it was more like as the British use it .. Good work

I've found the people here on ScubaBoard to be some of the nicest, knowledgeable, sometimes opinionated ;-) helpful and conscientious divers anywhere

You know, with the current Hollywood writer's strike this thread would almost make a passable soap opera plot. Better yet, the entire thread should be sent to business schools to get them to start teaching more people how to do business the way Oceanic does. Kudos to the OP for having enough brass to share the "happy ending" details, great story. Jeez, I guess I oughta be thanking SB too for bring us such interesting shows! // ww

As a SMALL LDS owner I have recently decided on using Oceanic as my main source of recreational gear. They haven't let my down once, and stood up with service arrangements above the ordinary. YESTERDAY a customer needed a new Oceanic trilam + undersuit, size XXL. One size I didn't have in stock. I called in and asked how long it would take to deliver. "See you guys in two hours" their rep replied! -And we did. They sent a guy to my shop with the suit directly. This is of course not to be expected every time, but as he said, this time HE COULD SO HE DID.

Threadstarter may have had one incident (50 Cents??!), but it doesn't make a general story. Oceanic seems to have a different approach o service than many other suppliers. Better...

oops, poor choice of words on my part .. it had nothing to do with a "show" .. it was more like as the British use it .. Good work

I've found the people here on ScubaBoard to be some of the nicest, knowledgeable, sometimes opinionated ;-) helpful and conscientious divers anywhere

Oh ok understood. Yes in that case it was a good show ole' chap. and I agree that most. however not all are nice here. Knowlegeable maybe but very opinionated. Many have helped me and I am greatful. However, when they come and lable people as this or that? :no shame on you...

As a SMALL LDS owner I have recently decided on using Oceanic as my main source of recreational gear. They haven't let my down once, and stood up with service arrangements above the ordinary. YESTERDAY a customer needed a new Oceanic trilam + undersuit, size XXL. One size I didn't have in stock. I called in and asked how long it would take to deliver. "See you guys in two hours" their rep replied! -And we did. They sent a guy to my shop with the suit directly. This is of course not to be expected every time, but as he said, this time HE COULD SO HE DID.

Threadstarter may have had one incident (50 Cents??!), but it doesn't make a general story. Oceanic seems to have a different approach o service than many other suppliers. Better...

you are right and somethng that I learned is true about Oceanic. What happened here could have happened to any company. Perhaps because it was such a small issue no one payed much attention to it at first.

Thank you for sharing that story. That is super awsome they did that and I'm sure they captured another happy and satisfied diver as thier customer for life. :D

Back
Top Bottom