Oceanic service questionable...???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OceanicRocks

Reaction score
I recently purchased a bunch of stuff over $2000 worth in oceanic products. One of which was a Geo watch computer (worth $400). So I get the thing and it comes wth a defective lense protector. So I call Oceanic. They tell me no problem we'll send it out to you!

BUT THEY DID NOT... So, I followed up with them in e-mail for weeks back and forth. Its crazy! Now they tell me that if I want it than I will need to purchase it... This thing is like $.50 for them to replace it and they won't replace it. It costs $10 in the store but my thing is... I just purchased my item recently and I feel they should replace it free since it was defective and I told them about it recently. I am starting to worry why I purchased Oceanic in the first place?

Wondering if anyone else had issues with them. I already returned some Oceanic items based on the way in which I was treated. Whats the deal? They have the worst customer service IMHO :shakehead:

OCEANIC... if you are listening all I want is a replacement lense protector for my Geo. If you care about satisfied customers than let me hear so!

Never had a problem with them....in fact I have had nothing but great service from them.

Where did you buy it from? Why isnt the dealer standing behind the product and getting it taken care of for you?

And what lens protector comes with the Geo?? I know they have one that comes with the Atom 2, but I havent seen any in the boxes for the GEO, let alone, how is it defective?? The ones the Atom comes with is just plastic.....

I dont know who you talked with at Oceanic that said you had to buy it, but if you want, give me your Name, Address, etc. and on Monday, I will talk to the guys and have them send you a new one. I took a class from Doug Krouse, awesome guy, and I know this is not what they are about with servicing customers, and/or replacing parts.....

Let me know if you want my help :wink:

Im sure Doug will chime in when hes free anyway....

I have never had a problem either and there service is usually excellent

Never had a problem with them....in fact I have had nothing but great service from them.

Where did you buy it from? Why isnt the dealer standing behind the product and getting it taken care of for you?

And what lens protector comes with the Geo?? I know they have one that comes with the Atom 2, but I havent seen any in the boxes for the GEO, let alone, how is it defective?? The ones the Atom comes with is just plastic.....

I dont know who you talked with at Oceanic that said you had to buy it, but if you want, give me your Name, Address, etc. and on Monday, I will talk to the guys and have them send you a new one. I took a class from Doug Krouse, awesome guy, and I know this is not what they are about with servicing customers, and/or replacing parts.....

Let me know if you want my help :wink:

Im sure Doug will chime in when hes free anyway....

you have PM

I have never had a problem either and there service is usually excellent

Usually... maybe, but not the case here.

Just imagine what the state of mind of a person that needs to place a message in thier public board to get a responce must feel...? Maybe now they will listen and not ignore my simple request. This whole thing really stinks for me.

And again we ask....Where did you purchase it....How come the Place of purchase won't help you?
If I purchased $2000 worth of stuff from my LDS they would bend over backward for me, just like they do when I purchase $10 work of stuff.....

And again we ask....Where did you purchase it....How come the Place of purchase won't help you?

If I purchased $2000 worth of stuff from my LDS they would bend over backward for me, just like they do when I purchase $10 work of stuff.....

The place that I purchased it is not important asthey have done enough for me... This is Oceanics issue. The item was defective and I inquired with them for replacement. 'm am positive that if I ask my LDS for a replacement they would. However, they are no so local. The point is... why should I have to go anywhere else forthe replacement? am I missing something?

The LDS should stand by there products nevertheless. Do they?

The LDS should stand by there products nevertheless. Do they?

Absolutly without question they would... Its not the point. I was on thephone with Oceanic and asked it of them. They know how much I purchased and they should have not only replaced it... they should have sent it to me with an appology and overnight service.That folks, is good customer service. Its not rocket science. Make the customer happy and you will have 10 more happy customers. Upset one customer perhaps loose 100 :lotsalove:

Funny! I just looked at my private message and someone else on this board also had the same issue with Oceanic and getting a replacement lense cover and the defect. This is lousy of them IMHO... If you spend $400 on a computer they should send you a darn lense cover replacement.

Its like their web site... They have a Service called "the dive locker" where you can log your dives... However, they sell dive computers AND YOU CAN NOT UPLOAD YOUR DIVES FROM YOUR COMPUTER TO THEIR WEB. Thats right you have to type in and log your dives by hand. All 1000 of them. So why have a service that does not work?

Or the manual that came with my computer... even the Oceanic guy admitted to me that its not organized well.

Or another example is The very computer that I purchased... The Geo,,, why manufacture a watch computer and than manufacture a Velcro wrist band for it when a band comes with the watch? I should have been paying better attention... It's because the darn strap that comes with the watch makes it so unbearably uncomfortable to wear. It was designed to be warn OVER a wet suit or mis-designed all-together. All others have to purchase the Velcro strap. Yeah! I had to do that and I don't think it was fair. BUT I did... BUT this, NO WAY am I buying it! If you are wondering, because its was defective in the first place... thats why. I'll return the darn thing before I do!

Shall I go on? I have lots more examples of the lousy service... AND I'm NOT alone. All unfortunate. I do want to give them an opportunity to respond and DO THE RIGHT THING HERE. shall we?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom