Oceanic service questionable...???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just think he is a poser....Who got a super deal online and now regrets it 'cuz he can't get service from the original spot...

EXACTLY.

OP, you're continued evasion about the dealer you purchased your equipment from does not help your case. And your screen name brands you as a spoiled, immature, TROLL. Go cry to your mommy. Your attitude shows that you're not looking for help, you just want your mommy to kiss your boo-boo and make it better.

I've spent a HELL of a lot more money on Oceanic gear than you have, and I can assure you that when something goes wrong, the first person I call is my LDS. NOT Oceanic. I paid my dealer A LOT of money for this gear, it's their place to make it right. They are the ones who deal with Oceanic, because they are the ones I paid.

Oceanic has always stood by their equipment and made things right very quickly. You're worried about a freaking screen protector? How about dropping $1600 on a Datamask and having it fail on the second dive? Did I have to whine to the Internet that my mask failed? NO. I walked into my LDS and they handed me a new one.

If you have any genuine issues, we'd be happy to help. There is a wonderful community here that will bend over backwards to help folks.

And we'd be happy to help you. Right after you change your screen name.

As an oceanic service tech I can honestly say that when an issue arises of this nature the AUTHORIZED dealer will usually just replace the defective item because he knows that when he makes the phone call to Oceanic service a new item to replace the inventory he just used to satisfy his customer is on it's way. This whole thing stinks of an agenda against Oceanic. As someone else posted perhaps a grey market purchase from a shady source that told him to go pound salt when he wanted service. An authorized dealer would not stay a dealer long if they acted like this. THe fact that he refused to name the dealer is like saying he got it out of Joe's trunk along with the Rolex that's simply a second since it's spelled Rollecks on the face. Go back into your hole troll.

I talked with the guys over at Oceanic, they said they shipped him a new lens protector and a FREE Voyager 3 bag over a month ago.....

Did you not receive it??

I agree you should have gone to your LDS, but it seems like Oceanic tried to get you everything you wanted.......and a bag.....

Well as I said, my offer still stands to send you the protector......IM sure your LDS would have done the same, but let me know....

Anyone else need a lens protector :wink:

Oceanicservice,

We stand by our product and the service we provide but whoever told you from the beginning that there is a lens protector for the GEO has led you astray. No such product exists at this time unless you choose to purchase the ATOM lens protector cover as an add on. The GEO packaging never has included and does not now include a lens protector of any kind! I took a moment to speak with our in house sales assistant who has been working with you and the picture is becoming clear to me. As it was relayed to me you purchased a set of equipment from one of our on line retailers of mostly Oceanic equipment but not including an Oceanic regulator. You then contact our sales department demanding a free $159.00 Voyager bag as part of the Oceanic BAG IT promotion yet you clearly did not purchase a complete Oceanic system, as is required as part of the promotion. You then contact the sales team again claiming our GEO wrist band is defective and try to get them to send you a free Velcro sport strap and a free battery kit both products are add on sales items for our consumers to have as options. Our in house customer service team goes the extra yard anyway, sends you the free Voyager bag; which you don't rightly deserve and a free after market lens protector made for the ATOM but can be used on the GEO.... and rather than thanking us for the effort you rail us again in a online forum using the user name: oceanicservicestinks? How does any of this seem reasonable or fair on your part?

In closing, we do appreciate your purchasing Oceanic equipment but I find that we have more than gone the extra yard for you, provided options for you and sent you almost $200.00 in free product you did not rightly deserve. What more can we do to correct a problem (defective lens protector) that is not nor could have ever been a problem? I guess the bottom line is that the GEO watch you purchased never came with a lens protector so how can it be defective?

Cordially,
Darryl Bowerman
Oceanic South-central Sales Manager

I am not wanting to start a poop slinging fest here but I gotta say my mind.

1. My family looks like poster children for Oceanic gear. Datamasks, vt3's with multiple transmitters, etc.

2. We have always been impressed with Oceanic customer care, fast, friendly, and always helpful. But Dude, you got a deal if you managed to get all that free stuff. Hey Doug, Darryl, and Kimberly! You're supposed to give gifts to people who like you... can I get a hat? :D

3. The Geo watch that my Clayton bought 2 weeks ago DID have a protective lens cover included in the watch pack. It's a thin, clear, plastic skin that laid right over the lens for protecting it against scratching. And it had detailed instructions on how to install it. I'm not sure how it's defective from the start, as all you have to do is peel away the film from the white solid backing, then peel the protector from the clear protective sheet. My guess is he either doesn't realize that there is another protective sheet on there which means it's not sticking to the watch lens, or he got it all boogered up trying to separate the film from the protective strip. Either way I bet a beer it's operator error why it's "defective"

4. the OP is a being a bit of a monkey butt over a pieces of clingfilm however. While I can appreciate he has his principles over the matter, and somehow his feelings have been hurt that he can't get this piece of plastic. I still can't figure out how come he won't go to his provider and ask for a new piece. Unless he bought it out of the back of a Geo in some alleyway at 3am, his dive shop shouldn't have any issues with getting him a non-defective part.

5. I called my LDS and asked them if all the watches they had came with this skin, and bless her heart she opened up 3 Geo's and they all had it in there. So now I can rest better at night, albeit slightly disappointed that we didn't somehow become the recipient of a limited edition Geo watch with protective cling film.

Peace, love, and for heaven's sake just go diving. The water should be able to unbunch your panties.

Oceanicservice,

We stand by our product and the service we provide but whoever told you from the beginning that there is a lens protector for the GEO has led you astray. No such product exists at this time unless you choose to purchase the ATOM lens protector cover as an add on. The GEO packaging never has included and does not now include a lens protector of any kind!

Your site shows 2 different optional lens covers for the Geo.
Oceanic Worldwide - Personal Dive Computers - GEO Wristwatch

Your site shows 2 different optional lens covers for the Geo.
Oceanic Worldwide - Personal Dive Computers - GEO Wristwatch

Beyond weird. I have ordered a number of samples of the GEO which come directly out of our shipping department yet not one had a lens protector included in the packaging. Today I asked one of our in house sales people to run down to shipping and pull a GEO out of stock and was ensured before I posted that no lens protector was included in the packaging. At any rate...I stand corrected. And be assured that our unhappy customer will be sent one ASAP tomorrow.

Thanks for the help all.

Darryl

And I thought my day was going to be filled with budgets and spreadsheets... this has been a great diversion.

An update:
1. First, via email, the OP notified me that a replacement lens protector arrived today. While I'm not sure that I understand his approach, I can certainly appreciate his frustration when the results he was after did not pan out. I personally would have handled things differently in his shoes, but then again, as Darryl posted - there has been quite a bit of communication on various topics between several staff members here as well as with the original dealer.
2. A lens protector does come with the GEO.
3. Yes, it is the same (thin film) that comes with the ATOM. The two protectors on the web site are designed specifically for the ATOM, but work very well with the GEO.
4. It's time for a :martini:

I recently purchased a bunch of stuff over $2000 worth in oceanic products. One of which was a Geo watch computer (worth $400). So I get the thing and it comes wth a defective lense protector. So I call Oceanic. They tell me no problem we'll send it out to you!

Don't call Oceanic, call your dealer. They should be more than happy to get you a new lens cover.

Terry

Back
Top Bottom