Oceanic Delta4 or Apeks XTX200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wolverine,

I presume that you were using the DST with the Atx50 if so, it is quite a bit heavier than the FSR but the DS4 might be about the same weight. Btw, do you remember what was the most modern SP reg then?

Regards,

SangP

:wink: No, I couldn't, and in Singapore, it costs a lot more that the Apeks (at least in 1994). Used the same reg for 13 years and decided only this year to change. Says a lot about the reliability.

H2Andy:
i'd go with an Apeks ATX 50, with a DS4 or DST first stage

you don't really gain anything with the XTX 200, but you pay a lot more

I will also just repeat what Andy says here. Again, and again, and again, and again... Get the point? :D

If it is just for the looks, go for the XTX200. It looks expensive, and it even makes the owner look like a *silly* with money...

what are the differences really between the XTX and the ATX? Is it just weight or am I missing something?

Here's an aggregate of what was posted here: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=140232

The XTX differs from the ATX line in that the XTX 2nd stage (XTX50, 100, 200) comes with 2 different exhaust tee's, allowing them to be switched depending on preference. One is the traditional larger tee from the TX line, and the other is the smaller tee from the ATX line. There is another difference, which allows the reg to be right-sided or left-sided. Not that I would ever want to use this "feature," but it's worth mentioning because of the addition of an unnecessary bell & whistle.

As to the first stages . . . The XTX line eliminates the 1/2" port in favor of the standard 3/8" port, so hoses can be mounted to either side of the reg.

Mike

In fact I'm a new diver and this will be my first reg
but I want a reliable and durable reg,
which will support me in deep, cold (in future) safely and comfortably.
I've narrowed it to these two by the helps of user reviews, performance tests on magazines and firms' info.
And a good campaign for both Apeks and Oceanic
both of their prices are simply identical (I wish "identical" is the true word :D) 360-380€.
About DS4 I dont like swivel turrets (don't feel safe),
If XTX100 is the same (or better) no need to pay more for a shiny XTX200..
If I could rate service support, I can't as I'm not experienced, they are simply the same. (Oceanic service supports Apeks as well)

Can anyone -who has used both- compare XTX100 and XTX200?
Apeks says 200 is a better and easier breather,
Is it just marketing?

hamsiss:
Can anyone -who has used both- compare XTX100 and XTX200?
Apeks says 200 is a better and easier breather,
Is it just marketing?

Same, but different! :wink:

Let's go over this again... You get the same performance with XTX50/DS4 as you do with XTX100 and XTX200. You may get some better hose routing with XTX100 rather than on the DS4, that is if you dive doubles.

You get a higher money/fool factor with the XTX200. So if you are so unstopable as it seems, go ahead and spend the extra money. But you are NOT getting any better performance...

Back
Top Bottom