Oceanic Delta4 or Apeks XTX200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hamsiss

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Oceanic Delta4 vs Apeks XTX200
Need help about these two.
Both have the same price. But really confused about these two,
Oceanic seems to be more comfortable but Apeks is known as the top of the range?
Waiting your comments, What's your choice and why?
and which one is more durable?
I've read threads like mine but still need help:shakehead

hamsiss,

First off, how did you end up with with just these 2 regs on your list? No offense to Oceanic but when it comes to regulators there just a handful for whom tech divers tend to rely on; Apeks, Aqualung, Scubapro & Poseidon cus of proven performance under very demanding conditions.

If you want something cheap and very good, the Apeks DS4/XTX50/XTX50 is a great first setup. In hindsight, I should have gotten this setup as my first set of regs.

The next few on my list would be the Apeks FST/XTX100/XTX50 (surprisingly the FST performs better than the FRS on the XTX200), Scubapro MK17/S600/G250 and finally the turreted version of the MK17, the SP MK19/S600/G250.

Cheers,

SangP

hamsiss:
Oceanic Delta4 vs Apeks XTX200
Waiting your comments, What's your choice and why?
and which one is more durable?

Not a fan of either of them, to be honest. What kind of diving do you plan to do? What's your reason for picking these two?

I'm Apeks fans, both regs I will consider take Apeks XTX200, ATX/ XTX200 can say one of the tip top best performance regs.

i'd go with an Apeks ATX 50, with a DS4 or DST first stage

you don't really gain anything with the XTX 200, but you pay a lot more

I recently bought a new set of regulators for my doubles. I ended up with the Apeks XTX 100. It's a less expensive than the XTX 200, and I like the hose routing a bit better. FWIW

Mike

Jason Ooi:
I'm Apeks fans, both regs I will consider take Apeks XTX200, ATX/ XTX200 can say one of the tip top best performance regs.

Actually the Atx100 performs better than the Atx200 test results.

Also the difference between the FST and the DS4 is not much yet it costs bout $100 or so more, in Singapore I can get a full DS4/XTX50/XTX50 setup for bout the same price as a XTX200 and it performs just marginally less. The Atx100 or XTX100 is in my opinion the best of Apeks due to it's performance and the great hose routing for doubles.

Pay more for a reg that is just marginally better than the DS4, not in my books.

SangP

Thanks for the information SangP

Hello, I dive the Apeks XtX200. I love it, It is super light, Strong and looks unreal. The performance from it is something eles, Breathes just like a dream which is a very nice feelings at depth. I have not dived any other reg so I wont compare because I dont know how they are which means I would be lieing. My .02 is I love the Apeks Regs and im going to stick with them to the end.
Chris

Jason,

If it's any consolation, the 200 is the compact version... read... lighter than the FST LOL!

SangP

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom