Ocean Fest 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zuzanne:
Let's see new Diva LX BCD and a Mosquito Computer versus Info.....mmmm I think I will keep the gear and beg for the info.LOL :eyebrow: So here goes, I have the countdown info filled out and saved, so how do I get it from there to my posts? :06: :sod:

Thanks for all your help Vickie.

Suzanne
No worries Suzanne..... Glad to see it's up and running :wink:

GrierHPharmD:
I think this is a must-do event! I had a blast last year!

Count me in,
-Grier

Angie and I are in also, but Grier, let's do no more running after people in rip currents....let them drown!!! :D

Hi All, just back from Daytona 500 Trip. It was a lot of fun. It was awfully nice of Nascar to throw me such a huge birthday party.LOL

We did a day trip over to check out De Leon SPrings and Blue Springs State Park. Both were very nice parks, we did not see any divers at either park. We figured it was because it was on a Tuesday and the weather was to cold for us Floridians. We did see a couple of snorkelers at Blue Springs.

At De Leon Springs we were surprised to see that the Spring was in the middle of a large swimming area. The sign here said the depth was 30 feet to the bottom of the spring. I would imagine it would be pretty crowded in the summer time to do much diving there. But the area was very pretty. There were 5 manatees in the area below the swimming/spring area, but they did not come close enough to shore to get a good look at them.

At Blue Springs, there is a boardwalk that you can walk along the river area and down at the end of the walk is a dock where you can go for a boat ride on the St John's River, (We did not get to go on the boat trip as it was sold out) there were several manatees and a couple of gators here, none were further up at the Spring. Up at the main spring you could look down on the spring from the walkway high above it. It seemed to be a narrow long almost cigar shaped spring. Sign there said it was 120 feet to the bottom. There were lots of fish and turtles in the river area. Park was very nice and well kept. Price to enter both parks was we thought very cheap. $5.00 per car at each park.

Now to the ugly, I have to go back to work tomorrow. YUK!! work always seems to get in the way of having fun. Now to figure out how to get at least one day off for Ocean Fest.

Suzanne

Lord, I must be blind! Just spotted this thread! I'm in for Oceanfest & my couch is up for grabs as well. 'Course, can't compete with Jenny shakin' her tailfeathers...

Well , OK , Pen me in !!!!
I'll just follow the lead ...
(Ok Jean , go to the calendar ... Yes , go to the calendar ... )

Jeano Beano

baitedstorm:
Anyone planning on going? I just read the dates will be April 15-17th. I really enjoyed it last year and we are planning to go again this year.

I just realized that Jack (my 15 yr old Scuba_Nut son... yeah... that's what I'll call him) talked me into buying tickets to the Greenday concert in Orlando on the 16th... Hopefully, I can make it on the the 17th with either Jack or Scuba_Kat11....

Al

Hey, I'll take him Al!!!!!! Green Day woooohooooo!!!!!!! wanna trade? :bang:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom