O2 'Loss"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waterlizard80

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I do continuous blend with a coltri mch-6. I can consistently observe about a 1.4 - 1.5 % 02 'Loss' as the gas gets compressed. 33.5% goes in to the intake as measured by 2 different o2 analyzers. 31% consistently comes out. Can someone explain whats going on? Is there something with the filtration (CO, Desiccant, activated charcoal canister filter) that's absorbing some of it? Just curious.

It is probably the design of the nitrox stick. You are getting some raw oxygen past the sensor causing it to read higher than after it is completely mixed on the outlet. The other option is a leak on the intake side between your inlet sensor and the actual compressor inlet.
Some loss is always normal with a stick, I run about 0.4% lower than my sensor reads. 1.5% seems high.

It is probably the design of the nitrox stick. You are getting some raw oxygen past the sensor causing it to read higher than after it is completely mixed on the outlet. The other option is a leak on the intake side between your inlet sensor and the actual compressor inlet.
Some loss is always normal with a stick, I run about 0.4% lower than my sensor reads. 1.5% seems high.
Awesome I'll check my fittings and retape everything. That's good info to know. Thanks for the helpful reply.

How about piston blow by
Try to put o2 sensor on the small vent pipe from crank case.
Its a quick easy check.

How about piston blow by
Try to put o2 sensor on the small vent pipe from crank case.
Its a quick easy check.
Unless it is the first stage piston, the loss will be equal between the oxygen and nitrogen. You will probably have what you are blending coming from the vent, ie 32%.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom