anarchy in the compressor room

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
diving with EAN29 when you believe you have 20.9% in your tank is never safe. i have read of several incidents in which enriched mixes have been implicated. there is simply no justification. have ALL your dives been within limits? without exception? i, and most of the experienced divers i know have exceeded recreational limits at one point or another in their diving careers

and i live well within blast radius should the compressor blow

Don, I ask this with all due respect. Are you sure that PADI Americas no longer requires gas checks for PADI 5-Star facilities?

PADI Americas used to require quarterly gas checks for at least some PADI retailers. I don't know if that rule is still in place.

As for enforcement of rules, you raise a good question regarding enforcement. But enforcement is a different issue.
No problem, and yeah - that came up on a heated discussion about CO. I can't criticize Padi for non-enforcement anymore.

But then when those tests were done, operators would commonly change the filters and capture the samples while the compressor was cool anyway. The resort I dived in February still does the samples, but I still got 5 ppm on some tanks.
You've listed dangerous practices, but your information is woefully incomplete, and so far, not useful to us as divers... so let's cut to the key piece of information we all need to make your post meaningful, that is...
Where is this place, exactly?
:)
Rick
If he had done that, he would have been accused of signing on just to harm the operator. And the operator might sue.
and i live well within blast radius should the compressor blow
You really need to move. Sounds like a matter of when, not if.

i have posted on this forum before under my regular user name but on this occasion i used a different persona......

OK so the OP is admittedly a

Sock_Puppet_3_small.jpg

For this a vacation should follow.......

Until the whole SockPuppet issue is addressed by SB Staff, I too will play.

i have posted on this forum before under my regular user name but on this occasion i used a different persona to protect the innocent, namely the staff, a significant percentage of which expressed concern over how this place is run.

How exactly does you breaking SB's TOS and creating a sock puppet helping to protect the "innocent" people? If you are not naming them as being the problem then they need no protection.

....obviously the guilty are also thus afforded protection but my intention, at this point, is to promote discussion not to be a whistle blower......

So you would rather innocent divers get hurt or die through these scandalous and dangerous procedures of the shop? What exactly makes you believe that being a whistle blower is LESS effective than this very scary "discussion"? Are you hoping that 2 years from now the Shop owner is going to stumble onto this thread, not know it is him, see that the shop was not named but get scared into changing his ways anyways?

ideally i would like the shop manager to read this thread, recognize the circumstances and pull his finger out.

If you think that will happen based on what you have told us you need to reconsider. You are admittedly NOT a threat to this shop. Your refusal to state their name and location does mor damage than it does good. Thanks for watching out for your fellow divers :wink:.

he is probably sitting in his office now, hung over, farting around on facebook or watching family guy on his laptop.

Sounds like where I would rather be :thumb:

Dare ya to hit the :report: button. :popcorn:

Dare ya to hit the :report: button. :popcorn:

I should not have to. Nobody should have to.

i am an ardent admirer of the terms of service, they are a work of beauty from start to finish and i fully intend, one day, to read them. in the mean time please allow the less hysterical readers to continue to post interesting and well thought out comments on a situation i am very concerned about. further, i have little doubt the shop owner will read this thread, he is a frequent poster, but i´m not sure he would recognise the scenario; he would not be at all happy if he did

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"; where did i read that?

Last edited:
maybe if the level of intellectual retardation is so profound here i should post elsewhere, wikileaks, perhaps.

i am an ardent admirer of the terms of service, they are a work of beauty from start to finish and i fully intend, one day, to read them. in the mean time please allow the less hysterical readers to continue to post interesting and well thought out comments on a situation i am very concerned about. further, i have little doubt the shop owner will read this thread, he is a frequent poster, but i´m not sure he would recognise the scenario; he would not be at all happy if he did

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"; where did i read that?

OK so skip over all the "retarded" posts and just riddle me this one.

i have posted on this forum before under my regular user name but on this occasion i used a different persona to protect the innocent, namely the staff, a significant percentage of which expressed concern over how this place is run.

How exactly does you breaking SB's TOS and creating a sock puppet helping to protect the "innocent" people? If you are not naming them as being the problem then they need no protection.

....obviously the guilty are also thus afforded protection but my intention, at this point, is to promote discussion not to be a whistle blower......

So you would rather innocent divers get hurt or die through these scandalous and dangerous procedures of the shop? What exactly makes you believe that being a whistle blower is LESS effective than this very scary "discussion"? Are you hoping that 2 years from now the Shop owner is going to stumble onto this thread, not know it is him, see that the shop was not named but get scared into changing his ways anyways?

ideally i would like the shop manager to read this thread, recognize the circumstances and pull his finger out.

If you think that will happen based on what you have told us you need to reconsider. You are admittedly NOT a threat to this shop. Your refusal to state their name and location does mor damage than it does good. Thanks for watching out for your fellow divers :wink:.

he is probably sitting in his office now, hung over, farting around on facebook or watching family guy on his laptop.

Sounds like where I would rather be :thumb:

And I would like to draw attention to your quote above that I have bolded. If the owner of the shop will likely not recognize the scenario, then what did you expect to achieve with this thread where you refuse to name the shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom