O2 cleaning first stage question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Markos Valsamis

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I regularly service my Apeks DS4 first stage but now want to make sure it is O2 clean for use with 80% O2.

Is the following sufficient for this?

1. BIOX ultrasonic cleaner fluid 5 Litre BIOX Ultrasonic Cleaner Fluid - For Breathing, Scuba Equipment and Brass Instruments Cleaning Solution|allendale-ultrasonics.co.uk
2. O2 clean service kit (including viton o-rings)
3. Clean area/latex gloves etc.

Is there more than just the BIOX ultrasonic cleaner that I would need? I have read about vinegar/water combinations but I understand that is just for salt build up rather than hydrocarbons?

your right , im not familiar with biox, i use 3 stage approach 1 50/50 ultra sonic vinegar , then rish by hand 2 simple green ultrasonic (the food grade one ) , then simple green scrub by hand , replace with viton OR epdm then christo lube gores without say rinse between applications , i check all parts with a black light after and be for assembly

I regularly service my Apeks DS4 first stage but now want to make sure it is O2 clean for use with 80% O2.

Is the following sufficient for this?

1. BIOX ultrasonic cleaner fluid 5 Litre BIOX Ultrasonic Cleaner Fluid - For Breathing, Scuba Equipment and Brass Instruments Cleaning Solution|allendale-ultrasonics.co.uk
2. O2 clean service kit (including viton o-rings)
3. Clean area/latex gloves etc.

Is there more than just the BIOX ultrasonic cleaner that I would need? I have read about vinegar/water combinations but I understand that is just for salt build up rather than hydrocarbons?
I use this particular BIOX and also buy it from Allendale Ultrasonics. Seems to work pretty well; by which I mean my deco regs haven't burst into flames! Yet :wink:.

Obviously adding to your list would be suitable 02 compatible grease. I'm new to self-service myself and bought the manufacturer recommended Chistolube MCG111, at an extortionate price, but have since been advised there are cheaper alternatives.

the other BIOX seems to be over the pond i couldnt find it here in north america, amazon say out of stock dont know when it will be back ......i can get simple green anywhere

Special chemicals and equipment can be useful, but not necessarily required. The Deep Six manual has an effective, common sense based set of O2 cleaning directions contained in it. See the attachment.

Attachments

• deep_six_reg_manual_v1.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 347

Back
Top Bottom