O2 adjustable reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepblueh2o

Reaction score
I am looking for a regulator for 100% O2, that will allow me to control from zero to 5 liters/min.I am starting a conversation with Swagelok, however, they are giving reductions in psig (inlet 150, outlet 10). How do you convert to l/min? Know of any other brands out there? I dive a modified Draeger and I am building a CCR with constant flow O2 much like the KISS :confused:

You need to understand the difference between flow & pressure;

Flow: liters per minute (lpm) or cubic feet per minute (cu ft/min)
Pressure: Kilopascals (Kpa) or Pounds per square inch (Psi)

You can not directly convert flow to pressure or pressure to flow. You can however convert from Kpa to Psi OR lpm to cu ft/min

You need to do some serious learning or consulting before you even attempt to build a CCR. Please don't become a statistic because you don't understand very basic concepts

Please tell me i misunderstood your post & your not trying to convert Psi to lpm.

No malice intended, i'm just concerned!

Yeah, but if you reduce the orfice size enough and have continuous flow you can measure the output in liters per minute.

I think i see what your getting at. Whatever the delivery pressure (intermediate pressure) of your reg. is will determine the flow rate for any fixed orfice size. If you know the delivery pressure to the fixed orfice size, flow rate can be calculated in whichever system of measurement your using, metric or english.

I would think the supplier or manufacturer of the orfice could give you the performance data of that orfice for any given delivery pressure. Believe me when i tell you that calculating that on your own can get complicated. The equations to do so can rot your socks off, even if you have a technical background. I'm a Mechanical Engineer & it's been so long since i've done that stuff, i would probably do you more harm than good trying to explain it.

Calculating steady state flow of compressible fluids like air can be a real bugger unless your really familiar with the concepts. Check with the manufacturer, it's your best, safest bet.

Hopefully this helps, good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom