For Sale 1984 Bauer SCUBA Compressor, Nitrox mixer, air bank, O2 bank, fill station,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Bauer K15 E3, 5000psi, 18-20 cfm, SCUBA breathing air compressor. I am selling this as a whole package: the compressor unit, air bank, oxygen bank, fill station, phase converter, and boxes of parts. I believe the compressor head is in a Mako frame with Robbins Aviation filter towers (takes standard Bauer cartridges – these have less than 20 hours), new separator (<20 hours), new auto drain (<20 hours), low oil pressure shut off, high pressure shut off and high temp shut off. It is on a wooden skid and caster wheels. I just had the compressor air tested for grade E oxygen use by TRI Air Testing Lab (Round Rock, TX) and it passed (see pictures/video).

The air bank is made up of double-ended, 3000 psi tanks that were last hydro’d in October 2010. Each tank has a 6000psi valve, adjustable pop-off valve, gauge and plumbed with stainless steel lines.

The fill station is rated at 6000psi and has an aluminum water tank with aluminum sleeves in the tank and drain valve. It has two regulated whips and one unregulated whip. All whips have less than 30 hours and are DIN with yoke adapters. I plumbed in a regulator and flow meter so I can analyze the down-stream side while filling nitrox. Comes with two Nuvair O2 analyzers – one upstream and one downstream.

The oxygen bank is made up of eight, size M (125cuft), medical-grade oxygen tanks. The manifold is brass with oxygen compatible brass fittings and stainless-steel flex lines. All fittings and lines were oxygen cleaned before assembly.

The Nitrox mixer is built with a 2”, oxygen compatible mixing element, HT Helical-Twist static mixer, manufactured by StaMixCo. This element allows better airflow than baffles with minimal restriction. This system was custom built by me and works very well. I have mixed, continuously up to 38%.

The phase converter is a custom build, also by me. It is a 40 hp motor that is started with a 5hp pony motor and operates off a single-phase, 100-amp breaker. I went with a phase convertor because I did not want to pay over $10,000 to the electric company for a third line and I did not want to downsize the motor on the compressor. I have been extremely happy with it.

This system has been a “build-as-I-go” type of system, upgrading as needed, using surplus parts from different agencies and industrial part suppliers. I have kept it up-to-date with oil changes, air tests, separators, and auto drain and have all the receipts/paperwork. The only reason I am selling it is because I am moving and this system is too big for me to take. If I wasn’t moving, I would not be selling it.

This system is not for the amateur. By no means do you have to be a rocket scientist to operate it, but it is high pressure with oxygen; it takes some common sense and knowledge of fill station operation. I have over-pressure (pop off) valves where needed, but it can still get away from you if you don’t pay attention. This system is built very well and has low hours. I have kept a log on this unit with everything I have done to it over the years. I also have a binder with all the paperwork (manuals, receipts, etc.). There are pictures and a YouTube video that I made to show the compressor in operation. Please contact me if you have any questions.

Click Here for pictures: Bauer K15
-Matt

Compressor unit:
Maker: Bauer
Model: K15
Max Psi: 5000
SCFM: 18-20
Volts: 208/230
Phase: 3
Hours: 846.2
Serial #: 84/2668/06/01
Oil: Bauer Synthetic Lubricant OIL-0024
Manufacture date: 1984

Auto Condensate Drain:
Manufacturer: Lawrence Factor
Dealer: Filter Techs
Model: NP-0022-0882AK
Description: 3 Drain kit
Volts: 230
Wired: direct to control box

Nitrox Continuous Blending System:
Built based on: Vance Harlow's, “OXYGEN HACKER'S COMPANION”
Internal Mixing Elements: HT Helical-Twist static mixer, (manufactured by: StaMixCo)
Housing: 2” x 3’ PVC
Oxygen analyzers: Nuvair Pro O2 Analyzer (x2)

Video:

Link to album:
Bauer K15

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom