O Rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rob.mwpropane

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I need a few o rings, but I don't need 100's. Does anyone have a source that sells smaller quantities for less? Also, shipping is a killer. I don't know why / how 25 o rings should cost $4 total but then $29 to ship. This is nuts. Whatever happen to just throwing in an envelope and shipping USPS?

All 90 durometer viton o rings;
3 - AS568 - 230
3 - AS568 - 313
3 - AS568 - 210
12 - AS568 - 012
3 - AS568 - 042
9 - AS568 - 028
9 - AS568 - 018

Teflon;
6 - AS568 - 904

I've used https://www.theoringstore.com/ many times - Some do have min quantities - but most i've ordered some were like 20 - others were less. Even with shipping they were a good deal for me. They tend to always include a piece of candy for some reason - like saltwater taffy but I've never been up to try it. I even had a mistake on an order and contacted them and they shipped out the one I actually needed no charge and kept the wrong ones.

I need a few o rings, but I don't need 100's. Does anyone have a source that sells smaller quantities for less? Also, shipping is a killer. I don't know why / how 25 o rings should cost $4 total but then $29 to ship. This is nuts. Whatever happen to just throwing in an envelope and shipping USPS?

All 90 durometer viton o rings;
3 - AS568 - 230
3 - AS568 - 313
3 - AS568 - 210
12 - AS568 - 012
3 - AS568 - 042
9 - AS568 - 028
9 - AS568 - 018

Teflon;
6 - AS568 - 904
Rob. No, hold on this until you better understand what your asking for.

First off read this:

Then:

1. The 018 needs to be 90 shore This is critical
2. All the dynamic o-rings you list need to be Dupont Viton
3. Do not accept FKN
4. Further anyone selling you or using the term Viton® (FKM) is conning you its junk

Then Read This:

My concern is you will buy some cheap crap out of China or India it won't work that well
and you will blame the manufacturer of the compressor and not the polymer compound.

Also make sure you get a C of C Certificate of Conformity for the 0-rings
and tell them you need the Cure Date and a Polymer Compound number printed on each bag.

Anything less tell them to stuff it.

Now seeing the difference between quality and junk is one thing but knowing the difference and being able to do something about it it and how to avoid it is critical. Informed choice is key. Iain

First off read this:

Then:

3. Do not accept FKN
4. Further anyone selling you or using the term Viton® (FKM) is conning you its junk

Then Read This:

My concern is you will buy some cheap crap out of China or India it won't work that well
and you will blame the manufacturer of the compressor and not the polymer compound.

and tell them you need the Cure Date and a Polymer Compound number printed on each bag.

Now seeing the difference between quality and junk is one thing but knowing the difference and being able to do something about it it and how to avoid it is critical. Informed choice is key. Iain

You do post good information sometimes 😜

First off read this:

Then:

3. Do not accept FKN

Then Read This:

@iain/hsm every time you post I learn something that I didn't know existed, like a whole other rabbit hole to fall into. I always appreciate your posts, even if they do leave me asking more questions!

With the exception of the 018 can the others be 70 shore?

Apparently Viton is a brand produced by Dupont (now known as Chemours).

I don't want to buy cheap crap. But I would like to have a few o rings on stand by that didn't cost me an arm and a leg. I purchased genuine o rings for the compressor but I don't think another round of genuine o rings would qualify for the minimum order in the future, and if that's all I need I need a different source. (Santa, please PLEASE give me a direct line to @iain/hsm for Christmas!!:))

So my list should really be Dupont O Rings;

70 durometer viton o rings;
3 - AS568 - 230
3 - AS568 - 313
3 - AS568 - 210
12 - AS568 - 012
3 - AS568 - 042
9 - AS568 - 028

90 durometer viton o rings;
9 - AS568 - 018

Teflon;
6 - AS568 - 904