Now it can be told

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If PADI offered a "Beach Clean-up Certification" Cozumel would have the cleanest beaches in the world. Thousands of newly-minted divers salivating at the prospect of yet another C-Card :)

It took nine months and endured Hurricane Mitch. When we put the message in the bottle we dreamed that it might show up in Cozumel so we put our US home phone on the message. This is the good part...when the bottle was found it was on the beach in Galveston--about 40 miles from where our US home is!

The person who found it thought it was a joke since it was a local number but he called anyway. Man! Were we blown away.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Homing bottle...
484996703v2147483647_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg

Dear Gordon,

I really don't believe that a lot of the trash is from cruise ships. Maybe some from freighters or tankers but after observing the trash habits of the eastern Caribbean ( St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines) I am certain that is is coming from land based slobs. Indeed, on my honeymoon in 1998 we put a romantic letter in a bottle in the Grenadines and it ended up in Galveston County Texas. That meant it had to come very close to Cozumel where I hoped it might land. This has another whole story!

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers
Aha! So it's YOU who is throwing the trash in the water! :D

Please go start a new thread for the beach trash issue. This is very disrespectful to the OP. The entire island should be very proud that El Presidente chose Coz to vacation and the he dives. Imagine how much better the US would be if the prez was a diver! This is also a great honor for Aldora, Dave, Memo the captain and the entire shop staff. Please give this thread the respect it deserves.
Threads drift. There's no disrespect here. The OP himself is posting in this thread on the beach trash issue. Didn't you see him slap me down a couple of posts ago? :D

(No offense taken, Dave)

Dear Gordon,

No, I really don't mind the thread hijack, indeed I find it more important to deal with the trash on the beaches. If you ever saw the beautiful beaches up to the north where we dive the east side you would be appalled at the trash piled up there. I am a bit confused at what we should do about that since more help means more people and that would mean more traffic on those incredible places...but all the trash comes from the eastern Caribbean and Jamaica, not Cozumel.

For now I prefer their trash, and the pristine snorkeling and diving, so I hink it best to leave it alone as is.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

If you ever saw the beautiful beaches up to the north where we dive the east side you would be appalled at the trash piled up there. I am a bit confused at what we should do about that since more help means more people and that would mean more traffic on those incredible places...

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers[/QUOTE]

Dave the first step in keeping a special place special is to not tell people where it is, although I am also guilty of praising my favorites, like your shop. I hope you will be adding to your fleet now that everybody knows about Aldora.

If you ever saw the beautiful beaches up to the north where we dive the east side you would be appalled at the trash piled up there. I am a bit confused at what we should do about that since more help means more people and that would mean more traffic on those incredible places...

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Dave the first step in keeping a special place special is to not tell people where it is, although I am also guilty of praising my favorites, like your shop. I hope you will be adding to your fleet now that everybody knows about Aldora.
Everyone in here has known about Aldora for a long time now. It's no secret.

Also, and Dave and Christi will correct me if I'm wrong, pretty much the only way to "add to your fleet" if you are a Cozumel dive op is for someone to surrender a permit and you to win the scramble for it.

No , it is easy to add to the fleet by buying boats/permits as lots of people have them for sale. It is the number of customers that is the problem!

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

No , it is easy to add to the fleet by buying boats/permits as lots of people have them for sale. It is the number of customers that is the problem!

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers
But you cannot just add a boat of your choosing that you brought in from somewhere? You have to buy an existing permit from someone holding one, with or without the boat?

Back
Top Bottom