Now it can be told

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sort of, you can buy the boat with permits, then change the hull. Indeed, our boat named Pescador was a floating mess with Park Permits then we jacked up the name and replaced the hull, motors etc....Pescador was not our first choice in names as Aldora 6 would have been our first choice, but we were stuck with it at the time.

Now I believe that we can just buy the permits at some outrageous price.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Sort of, you can buy the boat with permits, then change the hull. Indeed, our boat named Pescador was a floating mess with Park Permits then we jacked up the name and replaced the hull, motors etc....Pescador was not our first choice in names as Aldora 6 would have been our first choice, but we were stuck with it at the time.

Now I believe that we can just buy the permits at some outrageous price.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

I did the same with my second boat. I bought a mess of a boat with permits (also at an outrageous price), and bought Bandida II separately - it was in very good condition, but was a sportfishing boat with no permits - so obviously we made some changes to the layout of the boat, added the benches, etc. The paperwork to transfer the MP permits to the Bandida II was a nightmare - but that's what I did as well. And Bandida II was DEFINITELY not my choice of names for the boat - but as Dave said, we are stuck with it until I have the intestinal fortitude to go through the nightmare paperwork to change the name of the boat. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom