Trip Report Landmark Condos, crazy currents, and eels, eels and more eels!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What a great report and trip!! Great pictures! I've always felt that there are only so many things to do in Coz when not diving - think it's pretty cool about the bird tour. Thanks for sharing.

I've seen them, briefly, as recently as Dec 2018/Jan 2019.

@El Graduado could likely give a more informed opinion, but I had always heard the bird population dropped precipitously following that idiot releasing his snakes when the disaster movie was completed a few decades back.

There was a TV episode mentioned on this board over the years “The Devil Boas of Cozumel” that gets mentioned on the board every now and then. Topic was how the snakes likely arrived in Cozumel and their impact.

Once again, proving that's it's the photographer (and somewhat the subject, conditions, and luck) more than the equipment.

SNIP!

My wife & I are avid but naive birders -- if it's not a local species, we're unlikely to put a name on it -- so your recommendation for a guide sounds great.
My wife is related to Elvis so we promote his birding tours through Blue H2o. You can get his email directly there to contact him for birding tours or nature tours on the island and he does go over to the mainland. Blue H2o does not do any reservations for Elvis, contact him directly.
Cozumel Birding and Nature Tours | blueh2ocozumel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom