November in Cozumel - where to stay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been to Coz only once - I'll be back, though. I dove with Aldora and had a fantastic experience, and they certainly meet your dive op criteria. I obviously can't comment on other ops, but I went through the same research on scubaboard that you're doing, and even though I chose to dive with Aldora (and will dive with them again), I suspect I'd have been happy with a number of ops that you've already identified. I will look forward to trying to get out north with Aldora next time.

As for accommodations - I found a place on AirBnB. I like to stay in an apartment or condo for the same or cheaper (which is usually the case) versus a resort or hotel if possible. I stayed in a private cottage just far enough outside of the center of town to avoid loud late nights when I didn't want any part of it, and just close enough to take a short walk and join in on the shenanigans when I did want a part of it. If you're not committed to a resort or hotel, you might look at options to rent a private place.

I've had the good fortune to get to dive a wide variety of popular vacation diving destinations around the world, and was really impressed with Cozumel. I expect and hope you'll have a great time regardless of which dive op you choose (among those you're considering) and where you stay!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom