Novae Products: 12W Dive LED Cree MC-E Dive Light 900 Lumens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's my understanding that the light is not actually off when in the Standby position. It still draws some current from the batteries and you're supposed to remove them from the light when not in use. That's probably why the cells died.

True....I learned that after the fact.
A mistake I'll be sure not to make again.

just went to the site and it said $99.99?

yah the price just went up. I bought mine on ebay last month from the same guy for $90. I think there was a high demand so the price went up $10. Still worth the price though for what these lights can do. It put my old UK 1200 Halogen to SHAME!

i noticed he now has a 1250lumen light for $190 .... hmmmm ... anyone try it yet? that one, however, is only rated to 30meters rather than the 100m of the 700lumen LED ...

if novae tells me he'll back it, ill take one of them and sell off my cans

I originally got 6 of these lights for myself and some of my dive buddies. Everyone loves how bright they are. They are brighter than the UK Aquasun believe it or not. Due to the interest in the lights I got another 10 recently for some other divers I know. My own light flooded last Thursday night after about 15 dives and when I e-mailed Adrian at Novoeproducts about it he promptly sent out a replacement. Not sure why it flooded. He does want me to return the flooded light at some point and maybe he can determine how it happened.

I just bought one, used it this passed Sunday, and it worked out great.

ronzo I didn't see the big 190 one but for 1250 lumens no kidding - I'd be all over that especially with the amount of travel I do. I can't imagine that we could get significant burn time so we might have to carry 2 or 3...I'm checking out the site.
cripes the 700 Lumens claim mirrors what DR claims on the DR700 LED...can you send/post a link because I checked out the site and couldn't find it?
I'd be happy to try one out. I'll be back in the states and heading to cave country in 2 weeks so the timing could be perfect. I'd have to see about a handle (goodman, soft, etc).

I used mine this weekend side by side with a guy carrying a 10W can light. This light is just as bright, just didn't have the carry in cloudy particulated water. He got more distance, but we're talking 30-35 ft versus 25 for this light. I was quite happy with it.

not to burst your bubbles.. I bought 5 of this from you and very satisfied with the purchase.. but I stumble a site where they sell the same lights for $78.83 with free shipping.. Looking at the lights they are selling and it is very identical to what you are selling and i mean twins.. only the name is different.... Could it be that they copied your product and sell it for less?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom