Novae Products: 12W Dive LED Cree MC-E Dive Light 900 Lumens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got a response from him and I replied to him by email. :)

He sounds nice and reasonable so far. Like I said before, it's not a bad light and if the loctite solution works I think it may last a while.

I have the SST as well as I bought 2 lights from him. I've taken the front inner ring out, cleaned the threads and then applied loctite to it. It holds very tight now. I bought a tube of blue and a tube of red loctite. I tried the blue and after 48 hours of drying/curing time. I can barely loosen it. I was still able to at the end. (took pretty much all my strength to break the bond and loosen it) So now I've applied the red loctite and it's drying/curing now. With the red loctite holding the inner ring used to compress the front glass and oring, I'm pretty sure that inner ring isn't going anywhere.

I've yet to dive it, so we'll see. :D

You should probably try sending another email. I have had good luck getting a response from them when sending email. I bought an SST-50, so I have no idea about the light you guys are talking about.

I am having battery issues at the moment with the SST-50. The run time on their site says 2-2.5 hours and I am lucky to get 1 hour. So they said to send the batteries back and they would exchange them for new batteries. Today I just got an email saying they want me to pay shipping on the new batteries they are shipping out........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom