Novae Products: 12W Dive LED Cree MC-E Dive Light 900 Lumens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

novaeproducts

Contributor
Reaction score
Specifications:

* Cree MCE Emitter LED
* 3 modes (100%, 50%, 20%) and strobe (30 Hz)
* Magnetic Switch
* 100M Waterproof
* 900 lumens
* Aluminum OP reflector
* Batteries: CR123A x4, 4x RCR134A or 2x18650
* Finish = HAIII (Hard Anodized III)
* T6 Aircraft Aluminum Alloy
* Length 22cm
* Run-time: 1.5-2 hrs (high), 3.5 hrs (low)

Includes:

* MCE Dive Light
* 2x18650 Batteries
* Battery Charger
* Comes in a foam padded box

Sales Price (includes shipping): $96 (US), $122 (Canada), $124 (Worldwide)

Warranty: 90 days

dive1.jpg

dive2.jpg

dive5.jpg

dive6.jpg

Last edited:
burn times?

Have you dove this light? Does the beam have a flood or a spot pattern. how would it compare to a 10w HID. Do you have some beam shots. Thanks

Have you had many returns with this product flooding?

What is there a crenelated bezel and external fins (heat sinks) on a dive product?

Have you dove this light? Does the beam have a flood or a spot pattern. how would it compare to a 10w HID. Do you have some beam shots. Thanks

I'm not sure how it would compare to a 10W HID, but it's definitely bright! The light puts out 900 lumens with more of a flood beam. I'll try to come up with beam shots when I get the chance. Thanks!

Have you had many returns with this product flooding?

What is there a crenelated bezel and external fins (heat sinks) on a dive product?

I haven't had any returns whatsoever. The light is very efficient in terms of use and quality and will not flood as long as you keep it within the 100 meters limit. Thanks!

I am chomping on the bit for this light as well. Just would like to hear from someone who has actually dove it. Light patterns would be very helpful as well.

I think if they were able to make the light in the link below water proof that they would put a lot of people out of business. Here is the down and dirty of the light....

Specifications

- Power output: 35 watt
- Luminous output: 3500 lumens
- Color temperature: 6000K
- Length: 14.5"
- Weight: 2 pounds (including battery)
- Material: T6 aircraft aluminum
- Finish: Hard anodized type III (HAIII)

HOLY CRAP oh ya the light sells right now for about $220.00

Novae 35W Xenon HID Flashlight 3500LM torch spotlight - eBay (item 250572963109 end time Mar-02-10 15:00:57 PST)

I bought two of these from this vendor and my dive buddy had to use on as a primary light (his primary failed before starting the dive). It has a spot beam that is on par with dive rite led 700. Out of the water the beam appeared brighter than my LED 700. In the water the LED 700 had a bit more punch than this light. This light would work well as a primary (burn time would not allow you to dive it at full brightness for two dives) and it is an outstanding backup! We had a 75 minute run time and this light started to flicker at the end (batteries were giving out).

Definitely a good purchase.

Jotax

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom