Not feeling welcome...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to SB.

Now, stop whining. It's like blood to sharks.

Now, before anyone calls me an ass, bear in mind this is my fourth attempt at a reply and it's as benign as I could manage to make it.

Sed6,
You're pulling in quality posts that I could only dream of...

I'm jealous, but welcome anyway.

Hi! I'm a newbie too, and I think the only way to go is to post away and not worry if you don't get lots of replies straight off! After all, you're still getting to know people and they you! And there's so much good information on here for those of us new to diving.

Man I am a regulare on welcomes, but I have been in the water so much latly everyone asks me did you get my email????...UH, no. We are a friendly bunch and I am glad to have you here Diver. Welcome from Savannah Ga.

I'm new here and have posted a few times, and have been largely ignored. I'm feeling kinda not wanted. I posted a question in Canon Corner with no answers and a nice post in Mexico about my OW cert and...nada. I'm active in many other forums and most always a 'newbie' gets some obligatory "welcome" responses. What am I missing? I hope this place isn't so full of pros that new blood isn't wanted. :confused:
I was sorry to read the title of your thread here as SB is a generally friendly community, albeit a huge & busy one - so sometimes we miss some posts that deserve responses, at least at first. It might have helped if you'd posted here in Intros first, but we'll still try to help you get going well here, learn from your mistakes, etc.

Rule #1: You will receive from SB in direct proportion to what you put into it; whether it is a fair payback or not is up to you - money back warranty included.
Welcome to SB.

Now, stop whining. It's like blood to sharks.

Now, before anyone calls me an ass, bear in mind this is my fourth attempt at a reply and it's as benign as I could manage to make it.
I know. I know.
Well, what a nice welcome from everyone :)

I'll go fill out my profile immediately. Didn't realize they were such an important attribute around here. Thanks all!
No one here has every displayed mind reading abilities, so what you don't tell we don't know. We do want to know you, but avoid begging or pressuring. See Rule #1.
Hi! I'm a newbie too, and I think the only way to go is to post away and not worry if you don't get lots of replies straight off! After all, you're still getting to know people and they you! And there's so much good information on here for those of us new to diving.
Yep! :thumb:

I found this post in the Mexico forum...
I'm off on my first dive trip. Tonight I drive to DFW from OKC and catch a flight in the AM. My LDS where I took my lessons organizes frequent trips and they had a cancellation my fiancee and I were able to grab.

We've both just completed our confined water dives and will do our OW dives while in Cozumel. I stopped by my LDS to pick up our BC's, etc and bought myself a nice Scubapro mask and snorkel, some Twin Jets and booties. My fiancee will stick with the loaner gear for now as she wasn't able to break away from the office to try stuff on today.

While not my first trip to Mexico or even Cozumel, it's my first dive trip and I'm really looking forward to it. I've read online and heard from my aunt and uncle, both avid divers, about what a great place it is to dive. Sharing it with my soon to be wife (we're off to Grand Cayman on June 24th to get married, and dive), is going to make it all the more special.

So my thanks to all on this forum for all the great dive info!
The Mexico forum is an excellent resource but not an very active one. You would have received more and better feedback in the New Divers forum or even the Cozumel forum.

You also asked about a Sony in the Canon forum, virtually guaranteed to be ignored as only Canon lovers go there...
Hi all-
My first post on the forum. I'm new to diving having only completed a resort course at Pennecamp State park in FL, and I am just now completing my OW certification. Anyway, I have a Sony W80 digital camera and I'd like to get a waterproof housing for it. The only decent one I've seen is this one: Sony | MPK-WB Underwater Housing | MPK-WB | B&H Photo Video any thoughts on it, good or bad?

How about opinions on external flashes versus the built in one? Can I get away with the built in flash for my first few dives?

Thanks for any input!

-Scott
OKC, OK
Alcina was nice about moving to the the right forum, but Sony is not a popular dive camera so responses would be iffy.

Did you try a :search: on SB for that model? Here is the results of one where you can find it mentioned on many threads, just check the forum before bother to look: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/search.php?searchid=6655798

And here is a the results of searching the worldwideweb for articles that mention that model and scubaboard in the same piece: scubaboard.com: Sony W80 - Google Search

I see that you posted #168 in an active thread. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/3581943-post168.html I'm glad that no one flamed you for hi-jacking.

So now - click Forums at the top to start checking all the choices, and try our :search: feature. See what is available and use more of it. Click my Username to PM me if I can help...??

I hope this thread is helpful to you and to others new here who notice the title.

thnks1agan.gif
don :cowboy:
[c]
fbottom2.gif
[/c]

I'm new here and have posted a few times, and have been largely ignored. I'm feeling kinda not wanted. I posted a question in Canon Corner with no answers and a nice post in Mexico about my OW cert and...nada. I'm active in many other forums and most always a 'newbie' gets some obligatory "welcome" responses. What am I missing? I hope this place isn't so full of pros that new blood isn't wanted. :confused:

Hey sed6!

Welcome!

This really is a cool good place chock full of friendly folks. Sorry no one was there initially to respond to you! I personally lurk a lot but hang out in the surface interval area. This is a big site. have fun!:D

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes and support. My posting has improved and so have the responses. I agree completely with don about getting out from the forum what you put into it.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes and support. My posting has improved and so have the responses. I agree completely with don about getting out from the forum what you put into it.
Damn! :mad: I meant to check on your in a few days - forgot, sorry. :( Glad it's working better for you. Let me know if I can help edit a pic for your avatar (the little phone that goes with your username on every post) or something.

Drop in on the Rocky Mountain forum, too. Blue Hole is our main practice pit, right down I-40 between Tucumcari and Albuquerque. Having a gathering there in September I heard; need to go sign up myself.

Back
Top Bottom