Not feeling welcome...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sed6

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm new here and have posted a few times, and have been largely ignored. I'm feeling kinda not wanted. I posted a question in Canon Corner with no answers and a nice post in Mexico about my OW cert and...nada. I'm active in many other forums and most always a 'newbie' gets some obligatory "welcome" responses. What am I missing? I hope this place isn't so full of pros that new blood isn't wanted. :confused:

Welcome to ScubaBoard! We are a friendly bunch and your posts may have just hit a lull in activity!

I just had a look for your thread in the Canon Corner and am not seeing it. If you PM me a link, or pop it in here, I'll have a look-see and try to help! Edit: nevermind, I found it. You were asking about a Sony camera in the Canon area so I've moved it out in the main UW Photo area :)

Welcome, sed!

I'd encourage you to fill out your profile information, so we know a little bit about you... it is always helpful to know if you're addressing a Sir or a Ma'am. A Dive Instructor or a Open Water diver, etc. You may find folks will open up more as you do the same :)

Welcome to the 'board!!!

The best way to have us friendly bunch respond is to start here with info. about who and where you are... then drop on down to your local forum and join in the local fun and get wet.
If your from So.Cal. click on this>>> http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/socal/
If your not, then stop by your forum and say "hi". Dive safe and enjoy!!!

Welcome to the 'Board! Weekends tend to slow down on all of the diving boards. Most of us are out diving. :D You'll find a lot more activity Monday through Thursday. You may have just posted at the wrong time for quick responses.

Welcome to ScubaBoard sed6

I wouldn't worry about being ignored I've had my share of threads that went nowhere. Sometimes a question or the way it's worded just doesn't connect.

Adding some meat to your profile will do wonders for your credibility and help others respond.

Pete

Welcome. Don't feel that way because new bloods are very welcomed on SB. I'm new blood and feel very welcome since joining SB yesterday. Congrads on OW certification.

Welcome to the board! This really is a friendly group but like the others said it's a little slow on the weekends during dive season. Sometime posts get missed as they move down the active list that shows up when you click on "New Posts". Most of us use that feature to see what's been updated since we were last on.

See you around the board!
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom