Not feeling welcome...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello and welcome. I've always found the board very friendly, and especially welcoming to new divers.
Sometimes the wording of some one's post determines if it catches people's attention or not, such as your opening on this post; it worked as intended, it got noticed and read, and it got responses. Posting on the forum most likely to be read by the specific people you are targeting is a big part of getting a response, and remember as Ber Rabbit said: as new posts come in and as your post ages it moves down the page till it isn't seen by as many readers.

this does seem to be a good and friendly bunch. and it is large! their are a lot of members with lots of interests and personalities and experiences etc... I am impressed at the diversity here but like a large family sometimes it can seem a little dysfunctional. But I see that as a good thing. I to have had threads that went unanswered (of course maybe they just don't like me). you have to remember that a lot of threads get started (and continued) every day and it is easy for a thread to get lost. Don't take it personally, and you are welcomed just keep posting for a bit and follow some of the advice and put some information in your profile. people do refer to it often here. (as a mater of fact I should update mine, I don't think I have since I joined)

Any Rate, welcome, most welcome, and thrice welcome :D

I'm new here and have posted a few times, and have been largely ignored.

Me too! I posted a question the other day and it took two days to get a single reply, and all the guy said was that I was old and have fat eyes (don't ask...). :wink:

It takes time to get used to people and have them get used to you when joning a new group. Relax, have fun, keep at it.

And, after all, you got a bunch of replys to this thread! :D

Welcome to

:sblogo:

Based on your profile, I see... hmm, your user name is 'sed6'.

If you want folks to respond to you, filling out the profile is of benefit. SB is generally friendly, but we just hit the dive season, so folks are...... diving! :D

Welcome sed6!

Sorry I didn't see your posts to welcome you sooner! I'm not often ignored but I am a Thread-Killer! :rofl3: It seems that after I post something no one ever comes back to the thread. :( Hope that doesn't happen here!

welcome to SB, sed. this board is sometimes like ebay...if you post in the really offpeak time, it tends not to get that much exposure than say posting during lunch hours (hey, i got that from zee!)

:hugs: hang around a little bit more, you will see, we are a friendly bunch. even if we are fighting at the pub. :D

I'm known as being pretty crotchety around here. I don't usually get past page two on new posts. And if it's not my cup of tea such as mexico or canon I don't even bother to look at the threads. But welcome. Post something in the solo forum, wreck, HOG, accident, whine and cheese and you'll get lots of posts. Better yet start another spare air thread. That'll get ya some attention! And fill out your profile? We're a nosy bunch as well. And if you give cyclops a scooter can I have one to? Either a gavin or an x will be fine. With travel case and charger. And paint my business logo on as well.

Welcome to SB.

Now, stop whining. It's like blood to sharks.

Now, before anyone calls me an ass, bear in mind this is my fourth attempt at a reply and it's as benign as I could manage to make it.

Welcome to SB.

Now, stop whining. It's like blood to sharks.

Now, before anyone calls me an ass, bear in mind this is my fourth attempt at a reply and it's as benign as I could manage to make it.

Dude...you're killing me.:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom