Not everyone thinks cave diving is the pinnacle of SCUBA!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ahhh ok. I am getting lost in all the nonsense on this tread. It's hard to keep track of who is sane.

Not us! Not us!! Not us either!!!

Does that help? :wink:

Just for the record, Canada (west coast anyway) is a pretty good place to live/dive.

When I read these threads about access, charter troubles, arguing factions etc... I just shake my heads. We can pretty well dive anywhere, few places are controlled by private parties and there is still a "diver be responsible for yourself" culture. No SCUBA police in site (pun intended).

Probably because we have 1/10th the population and a larger land mass - most of which is uninhabited. And the fact that being raised in an igloo by sled dogs makes us pretty self sufficient that way.

OK. carry on with the pig sticking...

Just for the record, Canada (west coast anyway) is a pretty good place to live/dive.

When I read these threads about access, charter troubles, arguing factions etc... I just shake my heads. We can pretty well dive anywhere, few places are controlled by private parties and there is still a "diver be responsible for yourself" culture. No SCUBA police in site (pun intended).

Probably because we have 1/10th the population and a larger land mass - most of which is uninhabited. And the fact that being raised in an igloo by sled dogs makes us pretty self sufficient that way.
Oh you too there eh? God and I thought the shame was just of us amongst our rivers and small trees here eh. My boots are still drying over th'corner boiler- near damn the only heat we get here.

Central is the same here in Ontario. I think a good part to the lack of stress for all issues mentioned is our population density. We're used to government land and fairly nice private land owners who love sharing the out doors so long as you're not encroaching on their enjoyment.

Hey! How about us wreck divers helping you guys out with a couple of errant cavers???? -talk about insane...

Umm, that is the equivalent of unleashing the kraken on them. I am not sure we need to take it that far! YET!!!! LOL

OK. carry on with the pig sticking...

Maybe on your side of the border ... on our side about 99% of the coastline is privately owned. If you have a boat, you're golden. If you're relying on shore access, it's becoming more limited by the year. Public access to some of the more popular sites often becomes contentious because of a handful of inconsiderate divers who piss off neighbors, who then put pressure on their local City Councils or state representatives to close the access point.

"I can do what I want" is the attitude of a petulant child ... responsible adults wouldn't consider it in anyone's best interest, least of all their own. Irresponsible behavior almost always leads to restrictions on everybody.

By the way, how'd things work out at at Kelvin Grove? Last time I dived there a few of the neighbors were trying to get the site declared off-limits to divers ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

[h=1]"The purity of a revolution can last a fortnight.."[/h]
Swampy459,

Look at it this way. You just bought rights to a nice little piece of, let's say Wakulla County. It's yours, its fenced, taxes paid, and damn if there isn't a cute little sinkhole at the low end of it.

After giving you the finger, I'm going to dive it, *******...

You sir, are my hero.

After this post, this thread can be closed.

"Not everyone thinks cave diving is the pinnacle of SCUBA!" So what?! It is! Everyone who disagrees is wrong.

There! This thread is solved! Case closed. Thread closed!

•due to the fact that I have no moderator powers, I will have to wait on a mod to actually close this thread. But dammit, I have the RiGhT to close it!•

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom